Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

Ambitious Futures Graduate Programme Watch

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else applied for the Ambitious Futures programme?

I had a telephone interview on Sunday and got a confusing email yesterday telling me that they've finished reviewing the results of my interview and are now considering me for a place at an Assessment Centre.

Anyone heard anything more?

ReputationRep:
    I've applied too and I have my telephone interview this weekend.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hey GlasgowHeather, I've just received the same email today, telling me they are now 'now considering me for a place at an Assessment Centre'...very confusing!.. whats the latest with your application?? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I've heard nothing more since that email! Which uni are you applying from/for?

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

I have also applied for the programme. Had my telephone interview in November and had the same email as you guys. Not had any correspondence since. Which universities are you applying through?

Anna

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys
    Im trying to apply for unilever future programm , can any one tell me how the online test look like ?
    Thanks for your replay .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I had my phone interview on Sunday and today I received this email:
    Thank you for participating in your recent telephone interview.

After reviewing your telephone interview results, we have placed your application on hold. We have received a large volume of applications for our Graduate Programme and whilst we were impressed with several aspects of your application, we felt that other candidates demonstrated more of the required skills and behaviours.

We would like to keep your application on hold and will be back in touch with a further update as soon as we can.

Thank you for your continued interest and patience in the meantime.

Has anyone received anything similar to this?

ReputationRep:
    Hey! still nothing more from them... I also keep checking the AF portal which displays a similar message:

"Congratulations! You have been successful in your telephone interview and are now being considered for an Assessment Centre. We will be in touch with an update as soon as possible"

It seems positive but also pretty vague! Will be very disappointed now if I don't get a place at the assessment centre......

I'm applying through UCL how about you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying through Glasgow.

I'm considering emailing to ask if that "Congratulations..." message thing means we're through to the Assessment Centre. If it does I feel like I should be preparing, but I don't want to prepare and then be told I'm not actually through... On the other hand I don't want to hassle them!

ReputationRep:
    I am confused too about whether the message means we are actually through to an assessment centre or not... will just have to wait and see I guess, hope we find out soon.

ReputationRep:
    Im applying through the University of Aberdeen. The message is so vague but I am a bit worried now considering the assessment centre is meant to be in February :/

ReputationRep:
    I just got an email that says "Our Assessment Centres are scheduled to run throughout February and March and we will be letting you know the outcome of your telephone interviews week commencing 26th January." So that must mean they haven't actually told us the outcome of our interviews yet!

Anyone get the same thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GlasgowHeather)
    I just got an email that says "Our Assessment Centres are scheduled to run throughout February and March and we will be letting you know the outcome of your telephone interviews week commencing 26th January." So that must mean they haven't actually told us the outcome of our interviews yet!

Anyone get the same thing?
    Yes I got the same thing. Don't feel clearer at all.

ReputationRep:
    Me too! Perhaps we have been successful but they want to provide feedback for the face to face interview?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything yet? I've still had nothing through, but I saw they tweeted that the first Assessment Centre is on the 6th Feb. Hopefully people down for such an early one have been told by now...

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I've still not had any word yet. I've been keeping an eye out on their twitter too and that worried me! Hopefully we are given a choice of dates!

Anna

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

I am in the same boat as everyone else it seems. Received the same ambiguous and vague email and still in the dark about the outcome of my telephone interview and place at an assessment centre.

Although I must say it is heartening to see that other people are in the same situation.

Please keep posting!

Ted

ReputationRep:
    I've not heard anything yet either despite them saying they'd let us know the outcome this week.

ReputationRep:
    Any news yet?

ReputationRep:
    Still nothing! I'm assuming we should find out today, but who knows!

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.