Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied for Edinburgh? I submitted mine on 10 December and it's still "Under Review." Maybe unis that only take their own graduates need more time to assess applications internally...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sixtine)
    Anyone applied for Edinburgh? I submitted mine on 10 December and it's still "Under Review." Maybe unis that only take their own graduates need more time to assess applications internally...
    I applied around the same time for York, who only take their own, and I'm still "under review" so hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck to those of you with interviews scheduled and be sure to let us know how it goes!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Ive heard nothing from Glasgow yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamso)
    Yeah Ive heard nothing from Glasgow yet
    I wouldn't worry I saw on the Ambitious Futures twitter they said they aren't setting up a lot of phone interviews until after the deadline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slp95)
    I wouldn't worry I saw on the Ambitious Futures twitter they said they aren't setting up a lot of phone interviews until after the deadline
    Ya Youre right. Are you also applying for Glasgow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamso)
    Ya Youre right. Are you also applying for Glasgow?
    No I'm not so you don't have any competition from me, haha!

ReputationRep:
    anyone applying to manchester?

ReputationRep:
    I had my telephone interview this morning and I think it went okay. It was my first ever telephone interview, it was quite structured but the interviewer warned me of that before we started. The hold music when you are waiting to connect was sooooo intense!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLKeating)
    I had my telephone interview this morning and I think it went okay. It was my first ever telephone interview, it was quite structured but the interviewer warned me of that before we started. The hold music when you are waiting to connect was sooooo intense!
    So happy it went okay for you! In what way was it structured? Are they quite conversational or just formal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slp95)
    So happy it went okay for you! In what way was it structured? Are they quite conversational or just formal?
    It was very formal and they just move through the questions one by one. I was a bit surprised because I didn't know what to expect and thought it might've been a bit more conversational but I suppose they have to keep it formal so that they can compare applicants more easily. Because they were taking notes as well, it meant anything I said was usually met with silence unless it was time for another question.

ReputationRep:
    It was very formal and they just move through the questions one by one. I was a bit surprised because I didn't know what to expect and thought it might've been a bit more conversational but I suppose they have to keep it formal so that they can compare applicants more easily. Because they were taking notes as well, it meant anything I said was usually met with silence unless it was time for another question.
    Oooft. Glad it went OK. Were the questions really related to the criteria that they give?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamso)
    Oooft. Glad it went OK. Were the questions really related to the criteria that they give?
    They were definitely competency based, so kind of similar to part of the application!

ReputationRep:
    They were definitely competency based, so kind of similar to part of the application!
    Yaaaa. Wonder when youll find out result

ReputationRep:
    anyone else heard back yet?

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview yesterday and mine felt quite conversational, but they did say not to worry if we haven't heard back for quite some time, and not to think we had been forgotten! Sounded like they had a lot more applicants to call!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I applied late last week, just before the deadline so unsurprisingly haven't heard anything yet! Anyone else out in quite a late application?

ReputationRep:
    who else is still waiting to hear back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester_Grad)
    who else is still waiting to hear back?
    Had my interview last week and still waiting. I don't think we'll get anything until they've interviewed the late applicants

ReputationRep:
    I applied on Friday and had my phone interview Tuesday The phone interview imo was horrific (almost too conversational - I couldn't tell whether she felt sorry for me.) I got onto Teach First so I'm no stranger to assessment centres and interviews, but I was really nervous.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.