Get rich quick schemes Watch

hardstyleGuru
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Has anyone here actaully tried registering for Yahoo publisher network? I've just done it now to get my site checked out by them.

But at the top of the page it says you need a valid US tax code or something, and since im from the uk im guessing i dont. but i clicked 'no' from the drop down box and submitted my application and it didnt say anything was wrong, it just presented the usual 'thankyou we'll get back to you etc' sort of page.

I didnt need a us tax code when I was using Google Adsense so does anyone have any idea if ill be able to use this?
lapsaJ
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
YPN is for US only.
hardstyleGuru
Rep:
?
Arrgrgghrhhhh noooooooooooooooooo!

Do you know of any other schemes similar to Adsense which can be used in the UK?
lapsaJ
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Adversal (Pop unders).
Leigh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ciao can be a good little earner. Especially if you happen to be a 18-34 year old business executive. Those are notoriously difficult to get to do surveys, so if you are one, you get sent quite a lot of big money ones.
Especially if you are in that age range and in IT. Or they think you are.
I'll say no more.

If you are applying for Uni, chances are you're 18 or almost there. In that case, I would suggest looking into medical testing. It's not as taboo as people make out, and as long as you can deal with having blood taken every couple of days for the two weeks or however long the trial lasts, there's very good money to be made. We're talking about £3k for two weeks 'work', with about 3 overnight stays in there.
That's a lot more than you'll make with surveys or clicking your own links on webpages!
hardstyleGuru
Rep:
?
ahhh thanks, although i think i'll give adversal a try, i think it'll be safer than testing drugs!
lapsaJ
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Adversal's only ever good if you've got loadsa traffic. Give it a try though.
Juncture
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by King Leigh)
If you are applying for Uni, chances are you're 18 or almost there. In that case, I would suggest looking into medical testing. It's not as taboo as people make out, and as long as you can deal with having blood taken every couple of days for the two weeks or however long the trial lasts, there's very good money to be made. We're talking about £3k for two weeks 'work', with about 3 overnight stays in there.
That's a lot more than you'll make with surveys or clicking your own links on webpages!
Agreeing to let people take your blood is not always the wisest idea. Sometimes your body can react not so well to it, for example when i tried to donate blood i nearly fainted and then felt weak and tired for 3 days afterwards and i'm not a really small/skinny person and so i wouldn't have lost that big a proportion of my blood (especially seeming as they took less than the normal amount). Not trying to put people off as most people are perfectly fine after having blood taken and for medical testing they'd probably need less blood

Oh if you're uni has a psychology department I've heard you can often take part in experiments for them and they give you money and that doesn't involve any physical harm :P
hardstyleGuru
Rep:
?
Ahhh nooooooooo! I cant use it becuase the only site i have at the moment is a TK site!

The band I made it for are total stigs and cant afford their own domain name, and adversal requires one.

As soon as I master PHP Im going to stick up my own huge genius website that will get loads of traffic and hopefully make lots of money through advertising, also I'll have to actually figure out what to actually make a website for that will be popular! lol
Stick Man
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Personally I wouldn't want to subject my visitors to a pop-under on every page just for $1/CPM.
lapsaJ
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by kkillgasmm)
also I'll have to actually figure out what to actually make a website for that will be popular! lol
A day in the life of lapsaJ! That's what I do for a living and it's pretty interesting exploring different niche's.
lapsaJ
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Stick Man)
Personally I wouldn't want to subject my visitors to a pop-under on every page just for $1/CPM.
I only use it for my web directory. Because the submissions are free, people don't care about the pop-unders because they really want to just submit their site.
hardstyleGuru
Rep:
?
(Original post by lapsaJ)
A day in the life of lapsaJ! That's what I do for a living and it's pretty interesting exploring different niche's.
wow really? thats different to being a web designer then?
lapsaJ
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by kkillgasmm)
wow really? thats different to being a web designer then?
Yeah, I hire people to do the technical work. I could do it myself but I don't have the time to physically manage my sites and make new ones myself.
hardstyleGuru
Rep:
?
i seeeeeeeee!

and then you just earn money from the advertising?
lapsaJ
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Pretty much.
hardstyleGuru
Rep:
?
I need to do something like that, only I cant think of a website that would acutally attract visitors that hasn't already been done!

I think some sort of Myspace clone [like Bebo of faceparty or something] would get a lot of hits maybe, but I need to get better at php first.

I might just make a site like www.addictinggames.com and stick some adverts on that!
lapsaJ
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You could do a social networking site, but there's so many out there already so I wouldn't recommend it.

It's simple. Make a site with unique content and you work from there.
hardstyleGuru
Rep:
?
Cheers, ill get onto something!
Oh and do you know how to submit a site to google? Because ive tried it once before and im sure it said something like 'Google cannot guaruntee how long it will be until your site is on our database, and might not even put it on altogether'.

Surely that can't be right??
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The usual ones offer you to pay only £3...
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (532)
47.04%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (352)
31.12%
I don't have an opinion (247)
21.84%

Watched Threads