The Student Room Group

revision tips for igcse maths?

got 2 papers on jan 6th and 12th i dont really know how to revise for igcse any1 got useful tips, websites and methods?
thanks in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ha27
got 2 papers on jan 6th and 12th i dont really know how to revise for igcse any1 got useful tips, websites and methods?
thanks in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am sitting that exam too.

A really good way to revise is doing the all the past papers and going over them. If you don't know how to do something you can just search on youtube, and there's most likely going to be good videos explaining how to do it. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by IGCSEKid
I am sitting that exam too.

A really good way to revise is doing the all the past papers and going over them. If you don't know how to do something you can just search on youtube, and there's most likely going to be good videos explaining how to do it. Hope this helps :smile:

thankss and it really does!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey I'm doing the exams as well, feel free to message me about anything! Im feeling quite confident about it. Just remember its all the same skills as normal gcse maths (as well as the new topics) but the questions (style especially) are quite different. So familiarise yourself with their style/type of questions they ask and just revise as normal i.e. learn all the topics; algebra,trigonometry etc as usual.
After you do past papers you realise that each paper is so similar from every other one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by sarah_j_jane
Hey I'm doing the exams as well, feel free to message me about anything! Im feeling quite confident about it. Just remember its all the same skills as normal gcse maths (as well as the new topics) but the questions (style especially) are quite different. So familiarise yourself with their style/type of questions they ask and just revise as normal i.e. learn all the topics; algebra,trigonometry etc as usual.
After you do past papers you realise that each paper is so similar from every other one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks for your reply and do u think it will be harder or easier than gcse??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Past papers. Cannot stress this enough. Learn the methods for each type of question then eat breathe sleep them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Practice practice and more practice until you get the stuff you need to know...and past papers they are helpful :smile: also use the exam board textbooks
Good luck xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Katieha
Practice practice and more practice until you get the stuff you need to know...and past papers they are helpful :smile: also use the exam board textbooks
Good luck xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

thankss and how many hours would you recommend a day and when should you have a break?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Take a break when you reach halfway through the paper. But like a 5 minute break

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by ha27
thankss and how many hours would you recommend a day and when should you have a break?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would spend 1-2 hours a day, and the whole weekend before the exam and take 15mins break in between to eat and relax

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ha27
thanks for your reply and do u think it will be harder or easier than gcse??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Having seen past papers, yes. But just harder to get your head around, and its only hard because they ask different types of questions that we might not be familiar with, other than that its pretty much equal. Plus the grade boundaries tend to be slightly lower!
Reply 11
Original post by sarah_j_jane
Having seen past papers, yes. But just harder to get your head around, and its only hard because they ask different types of questions that we might not be familiar with, other than that its pretty much equal. Plus the grade boundaries tend to be slightly lower!

im hoping for an a but i think im just at b's all the time in maths even though 2 calculator papers is my heaven

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending