Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

When people say they're going for a 'drink'.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schrödingers Cat)
    What made you stop drinking?
    I finished Uni and didn't really go clubbing as much, which was the only time I drank.

I just drink water mainly now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    Usually a double Jack Daniels and diet coke

If it's pints, I'll have a cider (Magners or Thatchers) - I'm not a fan of beer at all.
    Great pharmacist you are

never tried jack daniels actually...and yeh bang on with the cider!

(Original post by Arkasia)
    When I am feeling particularly adventurous, I am known to drink Robinson's Double Concentrate Fruit Squash.
    haha miwadi shots nothings beat em!

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I've never drunk due to where I grew up. Everyone at work always talks about drinking and such. I feel like a loser not knowing much about the drinking scene.

So tell me, what are YOUR favourite drinks to have on a night out?
    alright let me explain.I was the same.

I went to college and was with the craziest party animals of housemates.I got into drinking naturally as it was a big part of their lives and it became a part of mine.However Im in second year now and living with people who rarely drink.And thus I drink less often and hang out with people who do the same.

In halls youre thrown in with randos so you can end up like me but ultimately outside of work you end up hanging out with people who are similar enough to you..ie.. people who dont drink if youre the same.

Id advise yeh to give it a try.personally I think its a MASSIVE money burner being the tight creature I am and ultimately blown out of proportion these days. Thats just me.

Whatever way you see it its good to drink a little as its handy for meeting new people loosening situations as well as in business and networking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    I finished Uni and didn't really go clubbing as much, which was the only time I drank.

I just drink water mainly now.
    Do you still drink when you go out with friends?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schrödingers Cat)
    Do you still drink when you go out with friends?
    If it's to a club, then yeah (which is very rare)

Otherwise, I'll just drink tap water

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    If it's to a club, then yeah (which is very rare)

Otherwise, I'll just drink tap water
    Interesting, fair enough

ReputationRep:
    https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...6prDXnFDJTCzvF

ReputationRep:
    Vodka and coke
    JD and coke
    cocktails

need to try some other drinks tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BastillePompeii)
    I have camel milk daily. **** tastes great.
    Jägerbomb

A mixer

Martini- depends where

And ofc

MOJITO

I'm only 17 though so I mainly survive off vodka mixers lol

ReputationRep:
    https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...mpKayKKwQNa5cq

ReputationRep:
    Since I don't drink alcohol, a glass of Coca-Cola. Pepsi will do or if I'm feeling really exotic, Dr. Pepper.

My favorite drink at the moment, is a super-Coke; 1/3rd Pepsi, Coca-Cola and Dr. Pepper.

ReputationRep:
    if you're going to a bar try archers + lemonade, or gin + elderflower + apple juice / apple slices.
    both are quite nice, don't taste of alcohol and fairly sweet.

ReputationRep:
    Rothaus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guitarded)
    No cider drinkers here?
    I quite like my cider; magners, koppaberg, strongbow and stowford are all firm favourites.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a big fan of alcohol tbh, but when I fancy drinks, I have *****pop in small quantities. :laugh:

Last night I had about a dozen shots of raspberry Sourz and felt merry and went to bed.

Spoiler:
    Show
    It was a drinking game and I'm a lightweight And I don't like many alcohols because lots of alcohols are way too strong for me! :lol:

The only drinks I will drink are WKD Blue, VK Blue, blue Caribbean Twist, raspberry Sourz, Koppaberg Strawberry and Lime and the red Cactus Jack's. XD Don't judge me or my manliness OK. :') Like I even care. :rolleyes: Who needs alcohol to have fun?

Drunken Jenga was fun though. :thumbsup: I had a good sleep last night.

That's what I have to say on that!

EDIT: I do also remember trying a mixture called a Fat Frog which was WKD Blue, Bacardi Breezer Orange and Smirnoff together (which sounds terrible but it was bright green and super nice). Oh and Sex On The Beach is nice too, which is all kinds of mixed spirits but I didn't have much. :')

So I've tried a good few of drinks but they're not that important tbh.

ReputationRep:
    i dont know a lot about drinking except for vodka/whiskey for getting wasted

i like mango juice and vodka

baileys tastes good

i want to try an irish coffee

ReputationRep:
    Wandering Bear Rosé.

ReputationRep:
    A large white wine. Please and thanks :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Whiskey and coke when I'm at home with my dad, vodka red bull or rum and coke when I go out.

ReputationRep:
    Vodka & Ice, Thatchers & Black or Pints of Lager. Whisky thrown in and some shots too. It all depends on I'm with, where am I and the cash I have/can spend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    Great pharmacist you are

never tried jack daniels actually...and yeh bang on with the cider!
    Haha, thought you weren't coming back to TSR after the other day

Tbh, I only drink socially, I don't normally keep alcohol in the house, e.g. having a beer after coming back from work etc.

Yeah, I quite like cider. The other day I tried some Cobra beer (Indian beer), meant to go well with spicy food, and it was quite nice on its own. Bloody expensive though, I paid £4.30 for a pint!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 2, 2015
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.