The Student Room Group

Invited himself over to my house but hasn't turned up

Okay so me and this guy have known each other since we were 5 (we're both 17 now). We've recently become good friends and I have a massive crush on him and I think he likes me too.

So it was the last day of term and he asked where exactly I lived and then he said 'I'll visit you over the holiday'. I agreed and it was settled at that. I had no time, no day or anything since we don't have each others phone numbers. We're both really shy so it took a lot of courage for him to say this. He's already asked me out twice indirectly but neither times have we arranged an actual date.

My question is: why hasn't he turned up and why is he acting like this? I'm not sure if it's just because he's really shy and awkward, just as I am, or if it's because he's just not interested. If we were to go out, this would be the first relationship for both of us. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Erm why haven't you asked him when he's going to come by? Are you going to be at home every hour of everyday waiting for him?
Original post by phunky_fresh
Erm why haven't you asked him when he's going to come by? Are you going to be at home every hour of everyday waiting for him?

lol.

I'll happily take his place. PM me deets. I expect travel and accomodation to be covered, however.
Reply 3

No, that's the problem - luckily I've been around a lot though. When he said about it we were both in a bit of a rush so I couldn't ask exactly when.
Original post by Anonymous
No, that's the problem - luckily I've been around a lot though. When he said about it we were both in a bit of a rush so I couldn't ask exactly when.

Have you spoken via the phone,text,email?

Lol its your turn to arrange it.
Don't you have any means of contact with him? Facebook, Twitter, email etc?
Reply 7
Have you spoken via the phone,text,email?

Original post by joker12345
Don't you have any means of contact with him? Facebook, Twitter, email etc?

Original post by Cremated_Spatula
Lol its your turn to arrange it.

No - he doesn't have Facebook and I don't know his email. Yes, very funny -__- I would have arranged something if I could contact him!
Reply 8
I'm struggling to believe that you have no means of contacting him, even if it means creating a social media account and/or asking for his phone number through a friend (or a friend of a friend).
Okay so me and this guy have known each other since we were 5 (we're both 17 now). We've recently become good friends and I have a massive crush on him and I think he likes me too.

So it was the last day of term and he asked where exactly I lived and then he said 'I'll visit you over the holiday'. I agreed and it was settled at that. I had no time, no day or anything since we don't have each others phone numbers. We're both really shy so it took a lot of courage for him to say this. He's already asked me out twice indirectly but neither times have we arranged an actual date.

My question is: why hasn't he turned up and why is he acting like this? I'm not sure if it's just because he's really shy and awkward, just as I am, or if it's because he's just not interested. If we were to go out, this would be the first relationship for both of us. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

In that he invited himself round to yours, he may well have been expecting you to come back to him with good dates and times. Declaring that he'll come and visit you at your house is already fairly bold - I doubt he would go so far as to decree a time when you must be in.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by R T
I'm struggling to believe that you have no means of contacting him, even if it means creating a social media account and/or asking for his phone number through a friend (or a friend of a friend).

Nope, it's true. He doesn't actually use his phone, he just has email on his computer. He's old fashioned like that. Plus I'm not really friends with his friends. I know it's hard to believe, not really normal is it!

Original post by TurboCretin
In that he invited himself round to yours, he may well have been expecting you to come back to him with good dates and times. Declaring that he'll come and visit you at your house is already fairly bold - I doubt he would go so far as to decree a time when you must be in.

Yeah, good point. I should have thought quicker. We were just in such a rush as his bus was about to go. It actually surprised me how bold he was - never usually like that. Bit odd, isn't it, just inviting yourself round. I was a little shocked.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending