The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Don't need cat's on Diesels...........hehehe.
Reply 21
But you have to put up with transit van characteristics :wink:
Music drowns it out :wink:.
Reply 23
Nothing can drown out such a small power band :wink:
Ryan
Nothing can drown out such a small power band :wink:

Oh yeah, forgot about the max torque at 2.5 K lol.

But at 1500, when it boosts, it's all alright.
Short power band is one of the best things about a diesel, all that go in such a small amount of time!
Reply 26
I like putting my foot down in the mid range and chuckling at the boy racers as they wonder why a small diesel hatchback has just driven away from them :biggrin:
I've never driven a diesel but the low down torque is impressive (peugeot 306 Hdi or something like that)
but, i don't think that can compensate for the tractor sound, and the black smoke and soot coming out of the rear.
but, i don't really care about mpg and stuff like that, considering I'm a student i don't use my car to commute or long journeys - just popping down to the shop :biggrin:

when my exhaust had a hole in it - thanks again pghstochaj for your advice :smile: - i couldn't bear driven around with a loud exhaust. Had to fix it quickly to return to a nice but at times rattling sound of my 1.4 fiesta :cool:
Reply 28
Im driving to and from home (Derby) every weekend (just over an hour from keele) so the diesel helps just a little!
Reply 29
Minardi, your at Keele!?

What Halls you in, or you living off campus? I am a 2nd year UG studying Geog and History...

Small world!

anyways, to make this kinda on topic, loud exhausts sound cack unless they are attached to a Chevy V8.

Graham

Latest