The Student Room Group

A level Physics!

So i just made an account and i'm not really sure how this thing works but whatever. I have a little issue though, concerning my A level physics exam. (Pardon my grammar if there are any errors)

Last year i got C's in both AS Physics and Maths and i am definitely retaking Maths because P3 is tough in my opinion and i don't think i can manage an overall B unless i retake the exam. So i'll be giving P1, P3, M1 and S1.

My issue is that i don't know if i should or should not retake my Physics exam. My tutor said that i should try to improve my grade by working hard in A2 but it's such a risk and i'm totally confused.
(edited 9 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. :redface: Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you :h:
Reply 2
good luck What Exam board are you doing for Physics? Coz I'm doing Aqa and am willing to discuss if your doing the same and doing the unit 1 test on Particles, Quantum phenomena and Electricity
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by CarpeDiem.
So i just made an account and i'm not really sure how this thing works but whatever. I have a little issue though, concerning my A level physics exam. (Pardon my grammar if there are any errors)

Last year i got C's in both AS Physics and Maths and i am definitely retaking Maths because P3 is tough in my opinion and i don't think i can manage an overall B unless i retake the exam. So i'll be giving P1, P3, M1 and S1.

My issue is that i don't know if i should or should not retake my Physics exam. My tutor said that i should try to improve my grade by working hard in A2 but it's such a risk and i'm totally confused.

Are you doing Unit 1 of Aqa AS physics?
Reply 4
Original post by Jestinmon
good luck What Exam board are you doing for Physics? Coz I'm doing Aqa and am willing to discuss if your doing the same and doing the unit 1 test on Particles, Quantum phenomena and Electricity

I've done Electricity for my paper 2 exam (AS) but still have to study Quantum for paper 4 (A2). My board is CIE. Sorry i'm not all that familiar with Aqa.
Reply 5
Original post by CarpeDiem.
I've done Electricity for my paper 2 exam (AS) but still have to study Quantum for paper 4 (A2). My board is CIE. Sorry i'm not all that familiar with Aqa.

Ah well what did you do for paper 1 at AS if you can remember. And i hope you do well in your upcoming test :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Jestinmon
Ah well what did you do for paper 1 at AS if you can remember. And i hope you do well in your upcoming test :smile:

Thanks. Best of luck to you too. :smile:
Paper 1 is Mcq's .Major chapters were Kinematics, Dynamics, Waves, Electricity and Deformation.

Quick Reply

Latest