is the exercise and healthy lifestyle worth it, does it make you live longer Watch

Pip123321
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
when i go running i feel like alcohol and junk food is the worst things in the world and wonder why i consume them. i like the way exercise makes me feel in the short term, but im not sure it is important as you'd think for living longer. when i read studies, people who exercised their whole lives, usually they only live a couple years longer than someone who was overweight and led an unhealthy lifestyle.

i know that i would never let myself get obese and that those people suffer health related illnesses throughout their life, but wouldn't you expect you'd live a lot longer if you lead a healthy lifestyle?? i think this may make people think 'whats the point' when athletes barely even live longer than average people.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Living a healthy lifestyle, keeping fit and maintaining a healthy weight won't bring any guarantees, however it is much more likely that you would live not only longer, but a better quality of life as you age as your body would be healthier.

You can never say for certain, but staying healthy is, in my opinion, worth it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (94)
14.9%
Yes - a food allergy (67)
10.62%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (15)
2.38%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (16)
2.54%
No (439)
69.57%

Watched Threads