if you found a bag of cash in the street , what would you do?

Watch
stehay
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
keep it or hand it in?
Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Buy some KFC and hand it out to hobos everywhere.
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Honestly, it depends how much was in it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yowa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Be very curious about who left it there and what would happen to my head if I spent any of it.

(Original post by Changing Skies)
Honestly, it depends how much was in it Image

Posted from TSR Mobile
How much before you run off with it?
username1391301
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hand it in. Pretty simple if you ask me.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
When I found cash I handed it to the Police and then got it after a few months when no-one claimed it.
KH94
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by stehay)
keep it or hand it in?
Could I take some of it, then hand in the rest? Is that an option?
Protégé
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If it was substantial I'd give it to some homeless people, if it was a little amount I'd keep it.
November_22nd
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I lived out of a backpack for years travelling the world and thus I learned to live with little money, so I would be more likely to give it to my parents to set against their mortgage or something like that. Seriously though, I am guessing that you are referring to quite a substantial sum of money. In this country, if it were a substantial sum, given the almost complete surveillance coverage by CCTV in the UK, if it were found then the finder would probably be traced. If it were a substantial sum I would most likely hand it in. If it was only a few hundred pounds then I might keep it. I've spent enough time around homeless people whilst living rough whilst hitchhiking in the past to know that real homeless tend to recognize dumpsters as a better source of food and materials than begging from people to provide, so I would not play Mother Teresa with it. Besides, many homeless choose to be, and that it fine. The homeless guys I met in Canada were the best, totally cool people.
tonystark
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I would 'hand it in' my pockets.
Asurat
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What big bag of cash?
Yeah dude
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Probably just walk away, I like going with the flow of the walk so even if I saw it I'd say "yeah whatever man" and go away

Posted from TSR Mobile
moment of truth
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hand it in or use it to by something useful for people that need it like food for homeless people etc.
hellodave5
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What does the law say when it comes to this?
Depends on the amount. If its just chump change, probably give it to charity.
Tommy1499
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'd keep hold of it and see if anyone asks for it, if the person who asks for it needs it then Yh I'd hand it back but if it was a drug dealer or bad person ,**** them ,holla holla get dolla

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maths and cheesecake
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I found a very expensive purse once, and the phone inside it was ringing(that's how I knew there was a phone in it) it was an Ihpone, I picked up and the phone and it was the owner crying, and I gave it back to her. She offered me 20 pounds, I tried to refuse it but she wouldn't let me, so I took it and I gave it to a homeless guy that I use to give spare change to on my way home from work, he was so happy started cried God bless you.

when I got home I just gave my mother a big hug and told her how my day was, she was so happy and proud that she also started to cry.

I felt really good that day despite making 3 people cry.
_Charlotte15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Maths and cheesecake)
I found a very expensive purse once, and the phone inside it was ringing(that's how I knew there was a phone in it) it was an Ihpone, I picked up and the phone and it was the owner crying, and I gave it back to her. She offered me 20 pounds, I tried to refuse it but she wouldn't let me, so I took it and I gave it to a homeless guy that I use to give spare change to on my way home from work, he was so happy started cried God bless you.

when I got home I just gave my mother a big hug and told her how my day was, she was so happy and proud that she also started to cry.

Good Samaritan

Posted from TSR Mobile
DelReyRevolution
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I know the right thing to do would be to hand it in but I'd honestly probably just take it to be fair.
Ndella
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Depends how much it was. If it were £20, I'd take it for myself, £2000, take about a quarter of it and walk off.
username927016
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Maths and cheesecake)

I must admit, that made quite nice reading
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (80)
38.1%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (23)
10.95%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (14)
6.67%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (51)
24.29%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (26)
12.38%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
7.62%

Watched Threads