Application form Watch

Hajirah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey! I want to apply for dental hygiene and dental therapy and the form is asking me this question and I am confused about what this means, should I leave it blank??

6. IMMUNISATION STATUS
Evidence of effective immunisation (sero-conversion)
Hep B attached 
Hep B sero conversion attached 
TB attached 
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you
theresheglows
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hajirah)
Hey! I want to apply for dental hygiene and dental therapy and the form is asking me this question and I am confused about what this means, should I leave it blank??

6. IMMUNISATION STATUS
Evidence of effective immunisation (sero-conversion)
Hep B attached 
Hep B sero conversion attached 
TB attached 
It's asking if you have proof of vaccinations for Hepatitis B and Tuberculosis (BCG jab), which are required for most healthcare professionals to have. These are not part of the standard vaccinations given when you are a child, although sometimes Hep B is included in a travel vaccination.

If you think you may have had these vaccinations you can go to your GP for proof from your medical records of the injection being given. Testing for sero-conversion is an extra check that the vaccination has worked, and is done by taking a blood test, this is necessary for Hep B as the vaccination does not always take well and a booster may be required. Proof that the TB vaccination has worked is the scar on your arm or a Mantoux test.

I'm not sure for dental hygiene courses, but for medicine if we do not have these vaccinations on entry then they give them to us and do the testing (free of charge). You should contact your uni to see if they arrange for you to have these vaccinations, or if you are required to organise them yourself; if you have to go to your GP for them you may have to pay for them, so it is worth checking this out.

EDIT: if you haven't had these vaccinations then leave it blank, you can get them later as advised by your uni
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.61%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.93%
No I am happy with my course choice (489)
58.99%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.48%

Watched Threads