Cabin crew member? Watch

Baloney
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey,
I'm 20yrs old, male, recently dropped out of university for various reasons.
I have no idea what I want to do with my life, not the foggiest idea!
However, I do know I want to travel the world and I've always had an avid interest in the world of aviation.
Thus, the idea of becoming a Cabin Crew member is very appealing at first glance!
I have a few questions, and I'm hoping someone on here with some knowledge or first hand experience with said job can answer.

1. Is the stigma / stereotype of male cabin crew members being gay / camp still prominent amongst the airline industry? I myself am Straight, (for the record I have no issue with homosexuals in the slightest) I'm merely interested.

2. Being a cabin crew member do you get to spend time in the countries you're flying to? (Time - being a few days)

3. What is the pay like?

4. I'm a type 1 diabetic, will that affect my chances of being a Cabin Crew member at all?

5. What are the pros/cons of the job, in your opinion?

Any other insights into the life of a cabin crew member would also be greatly appreciated.
Cheers guys!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Moved to Careers and Employment
phil2
Badges: 5
Report 4 years ago
Hey i worked for a orange airline lets say! Which was great ! Pay benefits etc, i hate the shifts though, getting up at half 3 one week for 5 days then next getting home at 1. 2 am and thats good ! Thomas cook thomson etc have summer flights overnight! These seasonal airlines i doubt will take on now due to they will of recruited for this sukmer time they do training etc, longg haul i looked into virgin they only get 1 nihht in new york / east coast usa and 2 nights los angeles / west coast, so its not to long plus youd be tired! Yes lots think you could be gay, i am, but lots of crew wasnt on board to.doubt diabetic is a problem
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (36)
13.95%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.14%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (54)
20.93%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (37)
14.34%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (32)
12.4%
How can I be the best version of myself? (78)
30.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed