The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
didnt you expect that sort of behaviour by going to uel?
ahhaha nice rant, think you got it down to a tee
Reply 22
I didn't really find that, the vast majority of people always put their phones on silent it is called courtesy. However the few who forgot always had more taste than to have a Saun Paul ring tone :biggrin:

A few people turned up late but very often they would be turned down.

The biggest problem I had was lazy gits in my team.
Reply 23
alkaeda
16. In a lecture theatre for 120 people, 110 ALWAYS seem to have a bad throat, and every other minute start randomly coughing around you so you cant hear anything.

Yes, that would be Freshers' Flu. It'll get better, until summer when everyone gets hayfever.
Reply 24
- Lecturers who clearly know loads, but are utterly incapable of teaching.
- Having to start before - say - elevenish. :biggrin:
- People in seminars who lure me into argument, and then trip me up so that I end up coming to a blatantly ridiculous, if logically coherant, conclusion.
- People flyering.
- The shocking lack of textbooks and articles with pictures or diagrams.
- Smug people.
Reply 25
alkaeda
16. In a lecture theatre for 120 people, 110 ALWAYS seem to have a bad throat, and every other minute start randomly coughing around you so you cant hear anything.

Oh God YES. CONSTANTLY. ARGH. Its driving me slowly insane.
Reply 26
Wise One
- Lecturers who clearly know loads, but are utterly incapable of teaching.
- Having to start before - say - elevenish. :biggrin:
- People in seminars who lure me into argument, and then trip me up so that I end up coming to a blatantly ridiculous, if logically coherant, conclusion.
- People flyering.
- The shocking lack of textbooks and articles with pictures or diagrams.
- Smug people.

....come again?
I think it's people putting flyers everywhere...atm we have them all over college for voting people for JCR positions.*sick of seeing them*
wesetters
My film lecturer tells the best jokes :cool:
My natural hazards lecturers famous for his jokes apparently. I must admit they are good :biggrin:. Unfortunately, for the next three weeks we've got some other dude covering the bits that the funny dude doesn't :frown:.
matt@internet
My natural hazards lecturers famous for his jokes apparently. I must admit they are good :biggrin:. Unfortunately, for the next three weeks we've got some other dude covering the bits that the funny dude doesn't :frown:.

Anyway, no-one gets glowered at for turning up late to our lectures. The lecturer stops for all of 3 seconds, says 'grab a handout', and proceeds with the lecture. And the ones who turn up late so far haven't taken 5 minutes to get their stuff outta their bags.
EDIT:Oops, s**t, I meant to edit the post above, not quote it.
Reply 30
nikk
there is this one guy who turns up 5-10 minutes late EVERY time. He has been doing this for 3 years. Since he knows he is always late, you would think it would dawn on him that he should leave 5-10 minutes earlier and hence be on time. and then spending 5 minutes making noise ruffling through his bag to get his stuff out.

eee hehee that's pretty much me :biggrin: Thatz just some people.. but you know, there are ways to make up for it ... :wink:

lizj
Watch out, the ones saying they haven't done any work, don't get it, haven't got the books - they are the ones who are doing the most and will get firsts. They are trying to lull you into a false sense of security and superiority!.

That is true, You ask people who ARE smart, for sure, about something and they are like Uuuh, I dont knoow :redface: and then ACE the test :rolleyes:
17. People who take uni very seriously
18. People who moan about money
19. People who come to my party, drink my booze, smoke my ciggarettes and then procceed to kick 7 shades of **** out of my dishwasher so I loose my deposit!
Reply 32
Bubblebee

Yep. 18 is incredibly annoying. I don't think people should share their financial details for one - if I was rich, I wouldn't make a show of it, yet no one seems to bother telling you how skint they are.

More significantly though, these people are usually just moaning idiots who use it as an excuse for not having the mental capacity to entertain themselves.
Yeah that is true, but I was thinking more along the lines of people who always whine about how they are paying £3000 per anum for 'nothing'!

Pisses me right off, they just need to lighten up!
Reply 34
Bubblebee
19. People who come to my party, drink my booze, smoke my ciggarettes and then procceed to kick 7 shades of **** out of my dishwasher so I loose my deposit!

YOU HAVE A DISHWASHER?!?! Wow lucky bastard.
Reply 35
Iscariot
YOU HAVE A DISHWASHER?!?! Wow lucky bastard.

I was just about to say that lol!
Reply 36
Let's not forget waking up for a 9 AM lecture, walking accross campus for fifteen minutes to get to the right room, then finding out the lecture was cancelled due to a lack of seating. Then go home and find out they sent an email about it precisely one minute after you got up and left. >_<
Reply 37
Oooh, I've got one. When you get up, have a shower, wash your hair, put on deodorent and a nice clean shirt, then step outside your building to be met with a great big waft of smoke as soon as you open the door from the people who do nothing but stand right outside in their bath robes and smoke all day and all day night and/or to then be walking down the path to your lecture and have the person (or possibly people) right in front of you smoking and once again spew it back at you. You then arrive to your lecture 5 minutes after showering and putting on clean clothes, stinking of fags.
Reply 38
wiggles
then step outside your building to be met with a great big waft of smoke as soon as you open the door from the people who do nothing but stand right outside in their bath robes and smoke all day

You have people in bathrobes outside your building? I would have thought that was more worrying than the smoking myself :smile:

As for things I find annoying:
1) Lecturers who don't provide enough handouts
2) Lecturers who over-use tenuous metaphors in their presentations
3) Lecturers who attempt to 'engage with the youth' with out-dated pop culture references
4) That mature student who goes to every single lecture, and laughs sycophantically at the lecturer's jokes.
5) Being kept awake by both Merton and Magdalen College bells (striking every quarter-hour!)
6) Having to book in for supper by 10am!
7) Seminars/lectures/classes/tutorials which clash with Neighbours.
Reply 39
Some mature students are incredibly annoying and attempt to dominate class discussions and tutorials.

Latest

Trending

Trending