Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Hello_Kitty)
    I love Starbucks! They have the nicest hot chocolates ever! But I agree it is rather overpriced.
    No, there's this place in Nottingham (can't remember the name, but it's on Friar Lane, which is just off the Market Square) and theres are nicer, cheaper and you get a free chocolate.

ReputationRep:
    I like Starbucks. I know the food is crap and the drinks are not much better, but I like it anyway. I like the atmosphere, I can go there and spend the whole afternoon studying, no one will come and tell me to bugger off.
    Of course, the fact that I've made friends with the staff (meet them socially) and quite often don't pay for my drink, is nice as well !
    Today I went in to say hey to my pal, but couldn't get anything to drink coz I'm ****ing skint. He's offered to brew me a coffee for free... said no coz I don't want to take advantage of it, but it's nice anyway !!

ReputationRep:
    Starbucks is awul. I'd much rather go to my local cafe, where I get great service, comfy chairs, and everything made to my exact specifications all for half the price of that ****hole.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lib North)
    Starbucks is terrible, in my opinion. And I like my coffees.
    yeah i think starbucks coffe is quite weak and tasteless i like my coffee strong. Cafe neros coffee is quite nice

ReputationRep:
    I've only been in a Caffe Nero twice, and I haven't been particularly impressed either time. Both times the service has been slow, there haven't been enough clean tables and the drinks were mediocre. Starbucks > Costa > Nero IMO.

ReputationRep:
    I loveee Starbucks, its hot chocolate and atmosphere! The one in my city is on one of the high floors, sofa next to the window; look down on the Passing Street and warm chat with your friends. Loveellyyy.

I agree its high price though, but hell. I'll pay.

ReputationRep:
    I've only been in a Starbucks once in my lifetime. This was in Lima only 4 weeks or so ago. I purchased a hot chocolate, and yes, it tasted excellent. Mid-way through its consumption, i went and spilt a load of it, not only on my jeans, but on my travelling companion, Lonely Planet "South America on a shoestring". The book is now stained for life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    I've only been in a Starbucks once in my lifetime. This was in Lima only 4 weeks or so ago. I purchased a hot chocolate, and yes, it tasted excellent. Mid-way through its consumption, i went and spilt a load of it, not only on my jeans, but on my travelling companion, Lonely Planet "South America on a shoestring". The book is now stained for life.
    hahaha ! Stained, but for funny memories

ReputationRep:
    i thought starbucks was all fair trade coffee. well thats what the woman told me when i asked.

ReputationRep:
    aaahh you've made me crave a frappucino now! *licks lips!*
    I used to spend so much money on coffee without really noticing, but ever since I've been getting all my coffees and hot chocolates free (from my job) I have become shocked at how expensive drinks are!!

ReputationRep:
    Do you work in the place of evil ? lol

ReputationRep:
    If by place of evil you mean starbucks then no I don't! :p:
    I work in a cafe resturaunt place called Boswells, but perhaps I would be more suited to Starbucks as it wouldn't involve cooking.
    At my job interview they didn't tell me I'd need to know how to fry an egg...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepy_person!)
    If by place of evil you mean starbucks then no I don't! :p:
    I work in a cafe resturaunt place called Boswells, but perhaps I would be more suited to Starbucks as it wouldn't involve cooking.
    At my job interview they didn't tell me I'd need to know how to fry an egg...
    I was a joke as I like Starbucks :p:
    Just asking around because I'll need a job next year to finance my teacher training year, and I'd be interesting in working in Starbucks.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to work in Starbucks, particularly the one in my area that seems to be full of dashing young men!
    But then my boss at my current job is rather hot, clearly I have a very proffesional business attitude!

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to work in Starbucks, particularly the one in my area that seems to be full of dashing young men!
    Don't tell me. I used to have a huge crush on a waiter in my local SBucks. Until I found out he's got a girlfriend but he doesn't know about it, and I'm over him now, and we're really good friends !
    Plus there is a new one... really cute :p:

ReputationRep:
    Haha you sound exactly like me, at work they call me the walking hormone! (oh and my boss is engaged )
    Best of luck with finding a job, try not to go for it according to the prettiness of the people that work there! :p:

ReputationRep:
    They make the coffee (if you can call a "vente mocha latte cinammon skimmed milk no foam" a coffee) so expensive to keep the riff raff out. You never see chavs in Starbucks, or at least I never do. You're paying for chav-free environment.

ReputationRep:
    There's an argument that if it were less expensive it would be less popular, because part of the reason people go is because it is upper-middle class and 'special' and if the price was reasonable it would lose it's market.

ReputationRep:
    Haha you sound exactly like me, at work they call me the walking hormone! (oh and my boss is engaged )
    Best of luck with finding a job, try not to go for it according to the prettiness of the people that work there! :p:
    Ta ^^ Although my current contract runs till the end of May, so that's not for now.

ReputationRep:
    I find that Starbucks is usually filled with middle-aged women with children during the day, while their husbands are out earning the money to pay for their coffee mornings. That's why they can afford it.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.