A2 history coursework pleaseee help!!!

Watch
nicolewilcox
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
My title piece for my coursework is

"To what extent within the context of 1800 to 1945 did Hitler personally change the nature of Anti-Semitism in Germany?"

I need help starting the introduction and the lines of the first few paragraphs, if anyone knows of any good sources please feel free to share with me!

Thank you
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nicolewilcox)

"To what extent within the context of 1800 to 1945 did Hitler personally change the nature of Anti-Semitism in Germany?"

I need help starting the introduction and the lines of the first few paragraphs, if anyone knows of any good sources please feel free to share with me!

Thank you
"It could be argued that the extent at which Hitler personally changed the nature of anti-semitism in Germany between 1800 and 1945 was (extensive/great/limited/whatever your opinion is on the matter). This is evident in the fact that _____. However, there are other prominent factors that also contributed to the change in the nature of anti-semitism, notably _____."

That's how I usually structure an intro. The other factors that challenge this could include the German public contributing to anti-semitism as many will have done so willingly, you could look at other prominent members of the Nazi party such as Himmler, Goebbels etc etc, a lot of them played such a vital part in the years leading up to the Final Solution.

Always start your first paragraph with the focus of the question, in this case Hitler. Talk about how he personally changed the nature. Summarise towards the end of the paragraph how much you believe he contributed. I'd always end the paragraph with something like "Despite the fact that Hitler's role was _______, is it fair to suggest that he personally changed the nature of anti-semitism in Germany between 1800-1945?"

Always link the paragraphs smoothly, consistently argue your point, challenge your own arguments

Posted from TSR Mobile
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Thank you
You might want to consider the nature of anti-semitism in Germany before Hitler arrived on the scene. That will allow you to evaluate the changes (if any).

I was also going to suggest that you might need to distinguish Hitler's role from the general Nazi party and other individuals, but Changing Skies has already done that!

Good authors on this topc are Richard Evans and Ian Kershaw.
nicolewilcox
Rep:
?
(Original post by Changing Skies)
"It could be argued that the extent at which Hitler personally changed the nature of anti-semitism in Germany between 1800 and 1945 was (extensive/great/limited/whatever your opinion is on the matter). This is evident in the fact that _____. However, there are other prominent factors that also contributed to the change in the nature of anti-semitism, notably _____."

That's how I usually structure an intro. The other factors that challenge this could include the German public contributing to anti-semitism as many will have done so willingly, you could look at other prominent members of the Nazi party such as Himmler, Goebbels etc etc, a lot of them played such a vital part in the years leading up to the Final Solution.

Always start your first paragraph with the focus of the question, in this case Hitler. Talk about how he personally changed the nature. Summarise towards the end of the paragraph how much you believe he contributed. I'd always end the paragraph with something like "Despite the fact that Hitler's role was _______, is it fair to suggest that he personally changed the nature of anti-semitism in Germany between 1800-1945?"

Always link the paragraphs smoothly, consistently argue your point, challenge your own arguments

Posted from TSR Mobile

Brilliant!! Thank you so much, life savour!
nicolewilcox
Rep:
?
(Original post by Changing Skies)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thankyou so much!!!
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Brilliant!! Thank you so much, life savour!
You're very welcome!

Posted from TSR Mobile
rebeccafrances
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This essay got full marks from the exam board!! It's an A2 coursework piece on Historical Significance, might be useful to someone http://www.stuvia.com/doc/272784
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (87)
13.92%
I'm not sure (30)
4.8%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (198)
31.68%
I have already dropped out (13)
2.08%
I'm not a current university student (297)
47.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise