I need serious relationship advice/input Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello

From an outsiders POV, how does this sound:

We've had a few arguments lately, things havent been too great but we've told eachother we'll make it work. Anyway, Me and my gf of 2 years planned to go out for NYE (meal/drinks) then go back to hers

Some guy she met at work has been trying to flirt with her a bit, wants sex

She has invited him back to hers (with me) for him to sleep in the spare room as apparently he can't go out tonight unless he has somewhere to stay. He continually messaged her asking for them 2 to just go out.

This has seriously pissed me off but she doesnt see it from my POV as ever, I wanted it to be just me and her when we got back not some random tag along shes known for a few weeks

Am I over reacting or is she being sly? I feel like our relationship depends on what happens tonight as I can't be with her if she's willing to actually go out with another guy then invite him back to sleep in the spare room (it's her parents house)
phunky_fresh
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This is really odd.I would not invite a random guy I've just met to my front yard let alone in my house! She should be telling him to bugger off. The fact she isn't oblivious to the fact he wants sex makes it even worse! This is disrespectful on your part to be honest. And this guy cant go out unless he has somewhere to stay - really? Surely he has his own house. Surely he has friends! If he has no where to go then he should keep his ass inside.I'm guessing she offered and he accepted smh
rotkäppchen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think I agree, that is really disrespectful. And why would she care that much if he can't go out / has somewhere to stay, considering they haven't really known each other that long / aren't good friends, in which case it would be more reasonable.

I can also see, why you would want it to be just the two of you. Particularly considering the advances he has made. I wouldn't be impressed if my boyfriend let a random girl from work sleep in his spare room.

That being said, if it all should go ahead nonetheless, I think him seeing the two of you together, should clearly signal him there is nothing in it for him?
joker12345
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Disrespectful. It's not a group plan, it was just you two so I'd expect to be asked if other people were suddenly invited. If I were you I'd just invite some friends of my own to join us too, unless you can get her to uninvited him, or it sounds like it'll be really awkward.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (125)
17.83%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (72)
10.27%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (121)
17.26%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (101)
14.41%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (68)
9.7%
How can I be the best version of myself? (214)
30.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed