Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The gorgeous Twaffy recommended them to me :p: :hugs:

What do guys think about them?

Personally I love em

Discuss :p:

ReputationRep:
    Only heard one song, but it's not really my type of music i'm afaid! Too americany whiney voice type of music. Not too bad though.

ReputationRep:
    fair enough

thanks for the rep btw :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Heard Try Honesty and Red Flag, the latter is better and a good pop punky tune, like it very much, don't think I'd buy anything by them though.

ReputationRep:
    After a few listens both voices get bloody annoying...:p: Still, Red Flag and Devil are good tunes

ReputationRep:
    ooh mate of mine introduced me to them the other day. i really like them! id heard them before but didnt know who it was, but yeah, they rock.

ReputationRep:
    I like them: "The Ex", "Nothing to lose", "lies", "Prisoners of today" are a few i'd recommend for now.

ReputationRep:
    I love Billy Talent... I nearly went to see them in September.
    I have Billy Talent ll... its a great album!

Does anyone have their other album..with Try Honesty on it?
    Is it any good?

ReputationRep:
    yeah they are great. standing in the rain from the first album is awesome.

ReputationRep:
    OMG What are they like live?

I so wanna see them

I'm listening to Red Flag atm It's wicked

ReputationRep:
    Is Billy Talent II there second album?

Nothing to discuss. Billy T are effing awesome and there is no denying that. Album one is better than two, but I'd have to say The Navy Song is probably my favourite Billy track and it's off no.2. I also like Standing in the Rain, quality. Undoubtedly one of the best bands around.

And yes: the second album is just called Billy Talent II

(Original post by lil_groovy_dude)
    OMG What are they like live?

I so wanna see them

I'm listening to Red Flag atm It's wicked
    I have Red Flag as my myspace song. Great track.

I saw them live in Birmingham; they are absolutely fantastic. Soo much energy and presence on stage.

ReputationRep:
    They're pretty shocking tbh.

(Original post by RJ89)
    They're pretty shocking tbh.
    :toofunny:

That's the best joke I've ever heard.

ReputationRep:
    It is? I wasn't making a joke, just saying they're **** :confused:

Then you're an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    I just don't like emo ****. Most of you probably don't like them anyway - you just pretend to like them because you think it's cool.

1. Billy Talent isn't emo. It's punk-rock. It cannot be called emo in a million years. Emo is Hawthorne Heights and Panic! at the Disco.
    2. I've liked Billy Talent since I got their first album in 2004. So that doesn't apply to me.
    3. Not all emo is ****: may I refer you to Death Cab For Cutie and Brand New.
    4. If you don't like a band you don't go into a thread about that band and say they're ****. I don't do that in the Libertines ones, or the Muse ones or anything because that's, to turn your word on it's head un-'cool'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonah Ramone)
    1. Billy Talent isn't emo. It's punk-rock. It cannot be called emo in a million years. Emo is Hawthorne Heights and Panic! at the Disco.
    2. I've liked Billy Talent since I got their first album in 2004. So that doesn't apply to me.
    3. Not all emo is ****: may I refer you to Death Cab For Cutie and Brand New.
    4. If you don't like a band you don't go into a thread about that band and say they're ****. I don't do that in the Libertines ones, or the Muse ones or anything because that's, to turn your word on it's head un-'cool'
    "It's not emo, it's punk!" - Emos say that about every band. Go and listen to some Dustin's Bar Mitzvah.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.