Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi folks! Its been a while since I've last posted on here but i regularly read the threads.

Anyway to the point - Im applying through ucas to do Occupational Therapy in 2007. I'm just about to start writing my PS but I've hit a brick wall (ouch) .
    I want to send off my application by the end of October. However, I've got some work experience comming up that is still being confirmed/organised. Basically the local hospital (where I will be doing the work placement) have said that they would be able to have me, but they have yet to complete the legal requirements and organisation. Now, they said that they will phone me back in about two weeks (one week to go) to let me know about the details of the placement and when it can take place. However, considering that I want the placement to be about 2 weeks, it would be too late to wait untill after the placement to talk about it in my PS.

How do I go about this problem? Do I simply mention that I will be having a work placement and leave it at that? Do I mention it, and elaborate on what I hope to gain from the placement? I don't know what to do!

While I'm on the topic of writing a PS, if anyone has got any tips on writing PS's for Occupational Therapy (or even healthcare in general) that would be great!

ReputationRep:
    im not expert but maybe on the PS write some thing like "recently I have taken upon myself, to take work experience at a hospital and gain in-depth knowledge..." something along those lines

ReputationRep:
    just mention that you are GOING to work there and what you will gain from the experience, be sure to write the correct empolyement info so that they dont think its something suspicious...
    , or if your lucky by the time you have sent away your app you have already started
    I would talk to them If I were you, and check it is final that youre going to work there and when, if they agree to be a part of your app and so on..
    it will work out

good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wazzz)
    be sure to write the correct empolyement info so that they dont think its something suspicious...
    :confused:

What do you mean by that? As in write the specifics so that they (the universities) can contact them (the hospital) directly?

ReputationRep:
    I think Wazzz means the employment part of your UCAS application. There's a section for you to write any jobs you've had, so put down this work experience in there.

Say on your PS that you're going to be doing this experience, and then you have something to talk about in your interview.

ReputationRep:
    Just say that you've arranged it and you'll be starting shortly, then what you hope to gain from it.

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.