Turn on thread page Beta

I have been feeling really run down recently, and catching every virus around, i have this really really sore throat where it really hard to swallow, and an aching jaw, what could this be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have been feeling really run down recently, and catching every virus around, i have this really really sore throat where it really hard to swallow, and an aching jaw, what could this be?
    Have you tried some sore throat tablets? The aching jaw is a weird one have you tried to over open your mouth or something, could be your teeth?

no dont think i have opened it too much lol,
    it hurts everywhere all over my jaw, and hurts on my throat..
    I am finding it hard to swallow!
    X

ReputationRep:
    no dont think i have opened it too much lol,
    it hurts everywhere all over my jaw, and hurts on my throat..
    I am finding it hard to swallow!
    X
    Go to your doctor...see what they say.

ReputationRep:
    Drink hot honey and lemon, it helps with the sore throat. Take alot of rest in bed so your immune system can attack those horrible virus quicker.

As for the aching jaw, hmm have you been eating something hard?

Hope you get better soon

ReputationRep:
    Could be glandular fever. Just rest, take it easy, drink lots of fluids to sooth it - water is best.

Take care xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sezkin)
    Drink hot honey and lemon, it helps with the sore throat. Take alot of rest in bed so your immune system can attack those horrible virus quicker.

As for the aching jaw, hmm have you been eating something hard?

Hope you get better soon
    In addition to traditional hot remedies, Innocent smoothies are packed with vitamin C, taste sumptuous and feel gorgeous going down your throat. Drink some.

ReputationRep:
    Are you being paid Ron?

ReputationRep:
    ive got the kinda same thing.
    coughing all the time and my jaw at the right has started to hurt and went out of place last night scary
    but yeah im gunna go docs prob so u shld too
    xxx

thanks guys! i am going away for the weekend ! so no rest for me lol, but i will drink lots of smooties, and lots of vitamin c, and lots of water, and hopefully it will go away...

xx

P.S. i hope to god thats its not gladular fever!

ReputationRep:
    I'm praying it's not AIDS.

ReputationRep:
    I've been having that on and off sinces Fresher's Week. I have a nice honey and lemon cough syrup which works a treat. Echineca (sp?) is also VERY good for healing and prevent further fluness. But yeah drink loads of honey and lemon in hot water tis brilliant AND helps your skin.

ReputationRep:
    I can't seem to stop coughing... and I have a really sore throat... I'm finding that drinking green tea helps a little, though I want it to go away and my voice to go back to normal...

ReputationRep:
    My mom had this and had to get something from the doctor as her throat was closing up :eek: Try your nearest Badger Medical Centre - they are open weekends.

ReputationRep:
    i had very similar symptoms and went to the doctor - turned out to be an infection of the saliva gland so she put me on a course of antibiotics.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.