Turn on thread page Beta

A Question for Mathematicians at Westminster School watch

Can anybody say if those applying to read Mathematics, at Cambridge, are giving any assistance in preparing for the STEP exams? If the answer is in the positive, are you provided with past papers of the exams? If so, how far back do the papers you are giving go, and are you provided with worked solutions to the questions? Do they go back to 1990 or even 1987?

I am just interested.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, well im not a mathematician at Westminster but i do have a friend who is applying for maths, albeit at oxford who dont need the STEP exam. But she has been given old STEP exam papers anyway just for fun...
    And i know she definitely has ones for the past few years, and the solutions, but i dont think they go back that far... Don't know if that helps at all...

ReputationRep:
    Track down chesslw - I believe that he (Li) is applying to Cambridge, and is in Set 1.
    I don't think that they are getting STEP preparation yet, since they're supposed to get an offer first!!
    Having said that, I'm not a particularly useful source, since I'm in Set 2 (Set 1 for Stats though :p: ), and am applying to Oxford, and thus am of no use to you!!

ReputationRep:
    hello ppl.

no- we are not getting STEP help but i got STEP papers from 97 to 05 from searching the internet.

Li

(Original post by chesslw)
    hello ppl.
    Hello Li

Quite bizarrely, I played you in the UK Chess Challenge (Gigafinals) a couple of years ago! (I believe you won as black in Pirc; I do not have the score anymore though) It is a small world after all.

I hope you're doing well

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.