Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    HELP! I'm such a twit, On My UCAS which has been sent/processed I put the wrong examining board in for Biology A2, I put AQA instead of OCR (I Put in the AS as OCR and the A-level as AQA pending), any ideas on what I can do (it's half term now so school is closed)? any help would be greatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Ring UCAS and email your admissions tutors.

ReputationRep:
    hmm UCAS is closed now, and by admissions tutors do you mean the university's?

ReputationRep:
    yes she does

ReputationRep:
    eick how retarded am I gonna look! now to write 6 emails (or copy and paste them, lol).

ReputationRep:
    aww don't worry, my friend forgot to put his GCSE maths on. He emailed the admissions tutors and they about 4 of them replied telling him not worry and it happens quite a bit.

ReputationRep:
    On the 13th Of October I submitted my UCAS Application form, and it has since been processed, but I've noticed a mistake in the qualifications section, instead of putting down OCR as the examining board for my A-level Biology (marked as pending) I put down AQA (That said, I have put down OCR Biology for my AS), I will be contacting UCAS shortly, so they can change it, so It would help if you could ammend your records
    hows that sound? (just have to add on bits for separate unis i.e. the course etc)

ReputationRep:
    well at least the oxford admissions people are nice, as funnily enough I made a mistake on the online payment form and had to email them about it (hopefully they don't remember me, they'll probably call me "that stupid kid who keeps messing things up"), lol

EDIT: EICK! I just sent two of the emails form my yaypunkrock gmail account, haha let's hope st andrews/warwick don't notice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaypunkrock)
    HELP! I'm such a twit, On My UCAS which has been sent/processed I put the wrong examining board in for Biology A2, I put AQA instead of OCR (I Put in the AS as OCR and the A-level as AQA pending), any ideas on what I can do (it's half term now so school is closed)? any help would be greatly appreciated!
    I did the same last year. The unis don't care just tell UCAS as they give your grades to uni.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Make sure you tell UCAS, as they may have problems matching your A Levels results up to you and sending them to your unis. They'll be expecting you to have an AQA result, and you won't have one. And they might not realise the OCR result is yours

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot every1, I'll phone UCAS on Monday, and I've already emailed all the university's so all is well.

ReputationRep:
    If your application has not been sent off, then your teacher can return it to you if he/she finds any errors on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Make sure you tell UCAS, as they may have problems matching your A Levels results up to you and sending them to your unis. They'll be expecting you to have an AQA result, and you won't have one. And they might not realise the OCR result is yours
    do UCAS attach your breakdown of gcse/a-level/music instrument grade achievements to your application and send it on to your Uni's?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    UCAS receive A Level results early and then send them on to your firm and insurance uni. This is why they need all the details to be correct.

For other results, they only send what you typed on the form and do not check if it is right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    UCAS receive A Level results early and then send them on to your firm and insurance uni. This is why they need all the details to be correct.

For other results, they only send what you typed on the form and do not check if it is right
    ah cool! yeah i was a bit confused because they ask for a unit breakdown for each cashed in a level... but then i was like "what they send them anyway!?"
    lol, thanks!

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.