The Student Room Group

When shall i start revising

Hi
i was just wondering when shall i start revising for my GCSE'S. i am in Y11 and i have 19 exams in total that i will have to do in the summer. I am currently getting A/ B grades. By the end i want to achieve A/A*. Shall i start revising from now. Any proven tips or methods ....pls don't say revise 2 weeks before exam coz i won't do that beqcuse it takes some time for me to learn things, I am not a quick learner.
I'm not in Year11 but I do have a few techniques. Make Flashcards question and answers make siblings test you if you have any. Past papers as always are fantastic. Make a timetable, what I do is revise for an hour then take a 15 minute break...drinking water whatever. Then i'd get my brother to test me with the flashcards. Then revise again. This cycle lasts for about 5 to 6 hours.
Goodluck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thomachan
Hi
i was just wondering when shall i start revising for my GCSE'S. i am in Y11 and i have 19 exams in total that i will have to do in the summer. I am currently getting A/ B grades. By the end i want to achieve A/A*. Shall i start revising from now. Any proven tips or methods ....pls don't say revise 2 weeks before exam coz i won't do that beqcuse it takes some time for me to learn things, I am not a quick learner.

I'm doing my GCSE and I'm hoping to start light revision now and then start properly at the end of Jan. don't know if that helps :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
after the christmas holidays
Reply 4
Hi

Depends on what type of person you are really. Everyone will give you different advice so choose whats best for you

1) Start revising when you get back to school. A little bit every day.

2) Start revising when you get back to school. A fair bit, once a week

3) Wait until February half term, do either 1) or 2)

4) Wait until Easter. Revise like crazy.

4 may sound stupid cos it's so last minute but if you're anything like me, I can cram lots of information quite well and remember it for a couple of days. If you've got a good long term memory, perhaps do little bits regularly

They're the 4 I've been suggested, anyway
Reply 5
:smile::smile::smile: Thanks for the idea

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Thankyou all for your advice
Hi

Start as early as possible and set deadlines they help you know where you're headed. Record progress, this is to encourage yourself that your work is not just all for nothing :smile: I'm doing my GCSEs this year as well so I sorta understand what you're going through. I'm not sure if I can truly say I'm gonna get all the A*s I need but I can say I'm doing okay so far, not to bad. [I haven't gotten my mock results yet hence the reason I'm so positive :biggrin: But honestly though I think I failed. Overall I think it will help me see where I am in terms of weak subjects :smile: so it won't be too bad. It'll just be a wake up call]

Quick Reply

Latest