Turn on thread page Beta

Basically was meant to go out with a mate (kinda like him) today, and well we arranged to meet at 4 at uni, where I already was, it was 3 and he didn't call or txt, so I called to makesure everything is cool, and then he was like im ill I can't make it today.

I was so mad! cos firstly would he have told me if I didn't ring? This was an hour before we were spose to meet! I wasnt even that bothhered he couldn't come, but just the principle of the matter!:mad:

He txt me then saying he's really sorry and asking if I'm mad, I text back saying I wasn't mad at him cos he couldn't come, but cos he didn't let me know he couldn't make it before hand!

Was I right to be mad? I haven't spoken to him since...

ReputationRep:
    I think you probably were right to be angry. Assuming he wasn't about to phone/text you, which it didnt seem he was going to do

ReputationRep:
    Err, dunno. On the balance of probabilities, you can probably do better

yes, in a way. but if hes really ill he may have been sleeping or something. did you not ask why he hadnt let you know sooner

ReputationRep:
    He’s probably got a pretty valid or personal reason to why he did that but - I understand it’s quite irritating to have someone pull out at last minute, especially with making sure its all ok before.

But give a second chance before you reallyyy get mad, because on the flip side, hes said sorry
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Hmmmm yeah i think your right to be a little angry, perhaps ask to meet up again and if he makes another excuse then he's mucking you around.

(Original post by dh00001)
    yes, in a way. but if hes really ill he may have been sleeping or something. did you not ask why he hadnt let you know sooner
    Thx guys, um no I didn't, but how hard isit to send a simple text..he wasn't THAT ill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..)
    Thx guys, um no I didn't, but how hard isit to send a simple text..he wasn't THAT ill.
    Aha! Now we know your identity

Yeah he could have been ill, I reckon if he is sound all the rest of the time then cut him slack.

If it's just repeating a pattern then cut the ties...

(Original post by Mackieee)
    He’s probably got a pretty valid or personal reason to why he did that but - I understand it’s quite irritating to have someone pull out at last minute, especially with making sure its all ok before.

But give a second chance before you reallyyy get mad, because on the flip side, hes said sorry
    Yeh I'll give him a 2nd chance, except I ain't calling him, he can call me and arrange it!

(Original post by ledge)
    Aha! Now we know your identity

Yeah he could have been ill, I reckon if he is sound all the rest of the time then cut him slack.

If it's just repeating a pattern then cut the ties...

That was an accident

Well this is the first time we arrangd to go out, I just recently met him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeh I'll give him a 2nd chance, except I ain't calling him, he can call me and arrange it!
    Yeah, go with someone else and make him jealous, usually works a treat

Or just find someone who is worthy of your company.

ReputationRep:
    that sounds perfectly reasonable

ReputationRep:
    Some people are just really disorganised. Go easy on him.

very similar thing happened to me recently, but i didnt know the person well enough, so from then on i just ignored the person, who is in my maths course.

ReputationRep:
    Well, at least he answered the phone.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, would've pissed me off too.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.