The Student Room Group

AQA A2 SOCIOLOGY: Official Revision Thread for 2015 exams!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hi, I just wondered if anyone could send me some notes and essay plans via email for Beliefs, research methods and crime and deviance. This will be greatly appreciated if anyone can.
Reply 41
Have decided to provide a link to where I posted documents consisting of all the key studies my class looked at last year for Mass Media

Mass Media (7th one down)
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2601263&page=12
Does anyone have the June 2014 AQA Unit 3 Paper questions? Preferably on beliefs. It's not on AQA's site.
Reply 43
Original post by withlove
Does anyone have the June 2014 AQA Unit 3 Paper questions? Preferably on beliefs. It's not on AQA's site.

No, sorry. /:
May have to wait 'till they're available online.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody have any resources and/or advice on Theory and Methods? I always find that one the hardest!

And I'm studying Mass Media as well...we just haven't begun the unit in class yet (blame the teacher), so I'll try and post any links that may help during the learning process!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by tellmeimmageek
Does anybody have any resources and/or advice on Theory and Methods? I always find that one the hardest!

And I'm studying Mass Media as well...we just haven't begun the unit in class yet (blame the teacher), so I'll try and post any links that may help during the learning process!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Message me your email address, i can send you some resources. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing Beliefs in Society for unit 3 and i was wondering if anyone knew how to set out the essay question:
'assess the view that for minority ethnic groups, the practice of religion and membership of religious groups is mainly a form of cultural defence'.
I have no idea what to include in it, i'm finding it really confusing :confused:
Reply 47
any predictions on what may come up?

i know we can pretty much rule out feminism
Hey, I'm doing beliefs in society and crime and deviance! Any help I would be greatful! Not sure how to revise this subject:frown: I got an A in as and found the revision book helpful but am struggling this year! Anyone have essay plans?
Original post by Harrigt
Hi, I just wondered if anyone could send me some notes and essay plans via email for Beliefs, research methods and crime and deviance. This will be greatly appreciated if anyone can.

I am am doing these units also and if you get any notes ect can you pass them on to me? :smile:
We are doing crime and deviance, and beliefs in society. I got 184/200 at AS so need 136/200 for an A overall in these exams :biggrin:. Anybody else doing these topics?
Original post by Magnus Taylor
We are doing crime and deviance, and beliefs in society. I got 184/200 at AS so need 136/200 for an A overall in these exams :biggrin:. Anybody else doing these topics?

Yes I am :smile:
Reply 52

wow congrats...
your so lucky...i need an A but need to get so many marks in A2 and I have two B's in AS

Have you started revising btw? How are your revising?
Original post by sophiec955
Yes I am :smile:

Which do you prefer?
Original post by xxvine
wow congrats...
your so lucky...i need an A but need to get so many marks in A2 and I have two B's in AS

Have you started revising btw? How are your revising?

In April I will go through notes with my dad and he quizzes me. In late May I tend to do my own revision on top of the revision with my dad. Although I revise like History from early March
Which do you prefer?

Crime and Deviance so far, I find it a lot more interesting! Because I do religious studies as well I found the beliefs section kind of hard to get my head around in contrast to the religious subject.. Need to make essays plans I think! How about you?
my teacher who was really great has gone on maternity leave and we have had the worst substitute in the world! none of our class feel like we have learnt anything, we have missed out on most of A2 theory and methods and crime and deviance - can anybody recommend any good revision resources/websites/anything!!! I really want an A* (i got 98% last year but i'm super worried about this year!)
Original post by sophiec955
Crime and Deviance so far, I find it a lot more interesting! Because I do religious studies as well I found the beliefs section kind of hard to get my head around in contrast to the religious subject.. Need to make essays plans I think! How about you?

I seem to score highly on beliefs in society with my last essay getting 31/33 but crime seems to be easier to understand. Although the methods research section is so big and scary haha
Reply 58
I seem to score highly on beliefs in society with my last essay getting 31/33 but crime seems to be easier to understand. Although the methods research section is so big and scary haha

there is so much to remember its actually scary:9

10 topics, 8 theories and all the methods arghh

are you guys revising everything?
Reply 59
Original post by citydeer
my teacher who was really great has gone on maternity leave and we have had the worst substitute in the world! none of our class feel like we have learnt anything, we have missed out on most of A2 theory and methods and crime and deviance - can anybody recommend any good revision resources/websites/anything!!! I really want an A* (i got 98% last year but i'm super worried about this year!)

Get the 'Succeed in A2 Sociology' by Robb Webb I think...really good revision guide, its the A2 text book condensed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending