MsTyrell
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I know unis only often require two sciences, but really, will it be looked down upon if I drop Biology at AS? I currently study Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English Literature at AS, but I enjoy English so much more than Biology. I would love to do a Chemistry degree, but the Biology A levl course bores me to death. I love the variety that having a non-science subject at A2 would bring. I am also interested in a career in science journalism, so feel the English Literature would be beneficial.

Would getting onto a course at a Russell group uni no longer be an option if I choose to drop Biology?
Farseer
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
For the purposes of admission maths often comes under the classification of science. You would have no problems getting onto a chemistry course if you dropped biology in terms of your subject choices.
Laur_pea
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Maths is classed as a science as mentioned above. Maths is more valuable than biology for a chemistry degree. You use a lot of maths in chemistry and if you haven't got bio some unis have a bio optional module you can take
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (82)
26.71%
England (104)
33.88%
Belgium (26)
8.47%
Germany (37)
12.05%
Spain (5)
1.63%