The Student Room Group

Do my parents hate me?

I'm not sure if i'm paranoid but my parents have acted strange towards me...
It all started lets say about a month ago when I was in the living room laughing and joking with my siblings. All of a sudden my dad interrupts this laughter and hes like "You've got dark circles!!" i'm confused at this point I don't say anything. He just starts shouting at me and tells me to look at the mirror. Then goes my mom adding to the issue it's like mom always agrees with him she's never on my side. My Dad tells me to take a shower so I do. That day...I really wanted to just go...it's like at least every single day I get in trouble by my parents. Since then I don't really go to the living room, I can truly say I hate my Dad...Just yesterday when it was nearing the end of 2014 we have a family prayer. (My parents are very religious) so again my siblings are joking around it turns into a family joke my dad suddenly turns the mood and he is like "What has gone in your eye?" I don't reply cuz theres clearly nothing in my eye. So were praying, my youngest brother sits down so I thought it was okay to sit down all if a sudden my dad starts shouting at me. I don't it's just making me real sad. Maybe he doesn't like my appearance.
I have really evil thoughts in my mind...advice needed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
I'm sure they don't hate you. Hate is a strong word however you need to find out or atleast let them know how your feeling about what they are doing.

Sometimes we forget that a joke that seems harmless can actually hurt people. They will probably be horrified to know what they are doing.

Sit and talk to them. Make sure they understand your being serious and they need to change.

New year, new start, perfect timing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha. Your parents reckon you're smoking weed. Talk to them about it, tell them you've noticed that their perceptions of you have changed and you want to know what's troubling them. Good luck OP.
Reply 3
It's hard to talk to my Dad hes not that friendly...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
If you are fine to leave things the way they are, which I don't think you are, then your going to have too.

Maybe talk to your mum first, explain to her and also tell her you always feel she never has your back. See what happens.

If you don't want to go straight to her, is there anyone else who you can talk too. Someone who knows your family better than any of us do, they might be able to give you some ideas of how to approach things. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending