Turn on thread page Beta

Does she like me or the other guy? watch

There's this girl at uni who I get along with really well. We've gone out (casually) a couple of times and she texts/calls me quite frequently with a flirty context.. Recently she's started talking to this other guy after lectures which I dont like at all and she invited him to her sisters birthday party! and not me .. So whats going on? I'm really confused.. She still texts/calls me alot but I dont know whats going on now which is putting me off .. please help!

ReputationRep:
    awww dont let that put you off, just go for it goodluck x:hugs:

but how should I do that?.. I dont want to be too forward..

ReputationRep:
    just increase the amount you talk etc get in their before the other guy! you dont want to me too forward yeh, but sometimesit pays off

xx

ReputationRep:
    maybe you're not being forward enough, thats why she's started chatting to other guys as well, just keep in contact with her, maybe ask her out on another date so she at leats gets the idea you're interested

Ooh.. I'll do that! Thanks for the advice Becca..

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a case of the old friendzone.

Tell her how you feel, if it isn't mutual let bygones be bygones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolioVendetta)
    Sounds like a case of the old friendzone.

Tell her how you feel, if it isn't mutual let bygones be bygones.
    yeah and blow it off

:rofl:

I dont want to blow it off though.. I actually like her alot. If I tell her how I feel and it isnt mutual I'll be shattered.. So what should I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I dont want to blow it off though.. I actually like her alot. If I tell her how I feel and it isnt mutual I'll be shattered.. So what should I do?
    Depends on whether you think it's worth the risk. Try asking her out and taking it from there.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Well she's perfectly entitled to talk to other guys but it seems strange she didn't invite you as well to the party.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no! Boo hoo. She spoke to someone you didnt like.

Grow up.

It's not about talking to the other guy (Well, That makes me feel uneasy aswell but Meh.) It's about not inviting me to the party? And she's talked to this guy about 2 times in total.

Gatecrash the party!

Gatecrash the party!
    Hehe, I'm not angry though.. I'm sad! I should have been invited

ReputationRep:
    There's this girl at uni who I get along with really well. We've gone out (casually) a couple of times and she texts/calls me quite frequently with a flirty context.. Recently she's started talking to this other guy after lectures which I dont like at all and she invited him to her sisters birthday party! and not me .. So whats going on? I'm really confused.. She still texts/calls me alot but I dont know whats going on now which is putting me off .. please help!
    do you know how this other guy is connected to her? they could be old friends, or he could be a friend of her sister..
    don't jump to conclusions yet, find out all the back info before you do that.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon it's either you haven't been forward enough and so she's trying to find other guys, or she just likes you as a good friend (hence the continuing texts) but the boy she does like she's inviting to the party.

They're not old friends.. I'm sure. She's only talked to this guy about 2 times. The only reason I can see for her not inviting me is because I talked to her for about 2 minutes on the day she invited the guy (I had to go with my mates somewhere and was in a hurry). I'm sure she likes me 'In that way' aswell because she's quite 'touchie-feelie' with me but I've never really done anything back. I'm in the wrong but how do I correct that?.. Also, She could have texted me with the invitation..

ReputationRep:
    They're not old friends.. I'm sure. She's only talked to this guy about 2 times. The only reason I can see for her not inviting me is because I talked to her for about 2 minutes on the day she invited the guy (I had to go with my mates somewhere and was in a hurry). I'm sure she likes me 'In that way' aswell because she's quite 'touchie-feelie' with me but I've never really done anything back. I'm in the wrong but how do I correct that?.. Also, She could have texted me with the invitation..
    maybe she counts YOU as a friend, and the other guy as her 'boy-toy'.

Dude, she being "touchie-feelie" with you is not a good sign. Just explain to me how exactly you talk to her and treat her, plz.

(Original post by Philosoraptor)
    I reckon it's either you haven't been forward enough and so she's trying to find other guys, or she just likes you as a good friend (hence the continuing texts) but the boy she does like she's inviting to the party.
    :dito:

Hmm.. Why do you think she considers me as a friend? What gives that away? And since when was being 'touchie-feelie' a bad thing?

The way I treat her.. Well, I always hug her when we first meet and then she just starts talking, I listen for awhile and it's a regular conversation basically. During this she's constantly fiddling around with her hair (Which is a good thing?) and giving me these big smiles. That's about it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2006
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.