The Student Room Group

Maths S3 or M1

I was wondering whether anyone knew which module is easier (for Edexcel); I've self studied S2 and found it relatively easy and for my other applied module for Further maths I was wondering whether anyone knew whether S3 or M1 is easier? In case it helps I am not studying physics.
Original post by A Wild Student
I was wondering whether anyone knew which module is easier (for Edexcel); I've self studied S2 and found it relatively easy and for my other applied module for Further maths I was wondering whether anyone knew whether S3 or M1 is easier? In case it helps I am not studying physics.

I did OCR, but I found that S3 was very similar to S2. If you've never done any mechanics before, (you said you don't do physics), you'll probably find M1 much harder to get your head around at first.

That being said, the actual maths involved is easier for M1 (which os As level) compared to S3 (which is A2 level, and requires you to use C3&C4 calculus).

Finally, there will probably be far more material online for M1, as many more people do it.

Hope this helps.

(Also, consider the type of maths you enjoy. Would you like to attempt a new area?)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! I think I will probably do S3 as it is shorter and, although I'll struggle with the material, I'll probably enjoy it more. Cheers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending