Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey people, thought I'd start by saying hi before I moved onto my problem!
    I've only just come across this site but it's a bit too late now as I've sent my UCAS form off already- and am severely regretting it
    When it was sent off I thought my application was fine but afterward I've discovered bits of it that might me detrimental to my chances of getting in.

Anyways I'm predicted A in P.E, A in English Literature and A/B in History and I'm applying for a Sport and Exercise Science degree to the following:

Loughborough- AAA
    Loughborough (Sport Science and Management)- AAB
    Birmingham- ABB
    Durham (Sport)- BBB
    Leeds- BBB
    Northumbria- BBC

After taking a more detailed look at the courses I've realised that Leeds and Birmingham require a science to do the course (my stupid fault for not checking earlier) but does this mean they'll reject me on those grounds?
    I've applied to L'boro twice, thinking that if I don't get on the main course I'll hopefully get on the other, but I haven't included one reference to management in my PS.
    I really only want to go to L'boro but I need back-ups and this might limit my offers.
    Just would like to know what everyone thinks.
    Thanks
    Simon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Borat88)
    After taking a more detailed look at the courses I've realised that Leeds and Birmingham require a science to do the course (my stupid fault for not checking earlier) but does this mean they'll reject me on those grounds?
    Afraid so.

I've applied to L'boro twice, thinking that if I don't get on the main course I'll hopefully get on the other, but I haven't included one reference to management in my PS.
    I don't think applying to management as well willl jeopardise your chances of getting on the main course, so that's alright.

Just relax, and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks! Can't believe I've made such a stupid mistake but ah well, we're down to four choices already!

ReputationRep:
    Is PE not classed as a science?? I thought it was.

Do they consider PE to be a science?

As Psychology courses often consider A level Psychology as a science.

ReputationRep:
    Some uni's will be happy to transfer your course to another department and if its within 14 days you can change where you applied...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Walker)
    if its within 14 days you can change where you applied...
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that. When did you apply? Received your welcome letter yet?

ReputationRep:
    No, PE is not classed as a science at Leeds and Birmingham- they do specify that you need either Physics, Biology or Chemistry.
    I only applied a few days ago so how do I go about changing my choice? That would be a great help.
    Thanks
    Simon

ReputationRep:
    No, PE is not classed as a science at Leeds and Birmingham- they do specify that you need either Physics, Biology or Chemistry.
    I only applied a few days ago so how do I go about changing my choice? That would be a great help.
    Thanks
    Simon
    Look around and decide which you want to switch to first. Then ring UCAS and they'll be able to change it. You need to do this soon, you can't change anything after 14 days of your app being processed. I'd try to get it sorted by Wednesday personally.
    Do NOT attempt to change anything on Track yourself, as you may lose those choices altogether.

EDIT: Also, I've seen a couple of people on here mention that you can switch to a different degree at the university within 14 days via UCAS. HOWEVER, I believe you can actually change the choice completely, so don't think you have to choose another course at the same universities.

ReputationRep:
    cant he phone ucas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jl7)
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that. When did you apply? Received your welcome letter yet?
    appliede on the 1st got 3 offers and 1 interview

ReputationRep:
    To change your choices, call UCAS (0870 1122211). They'll be open from 8:30am on Monday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stick Man)
    To change your choices, call UCAS (0870 1122211). They'll be open from 8:30am on Monday.
    ... up till 14 days after you get your welcome letter

ReputationRep:
    Thanks people made me feel a lot better after my idiotic mistakes!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.