The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

rugdollap
That is a stupid way of thinking. You can be a virgin at the age of 30 and still able to romance, etc. Only desperate people will think non-sluts are hopeless. I personally wouldn't want a girlfriend who has slept with other folks.

so any woman who isnt a virgin is a slut? im guessing its ok for you to sleep around tho?

G4ry
Well, in that case millions of people are going to disagree with you. I think it's nice to be honest that only one other person in the world knows the intricacies of one and that it's something only they share. It makes it more special too, but i guess in the western world we live in a world where part of us became numb and it's all about numbers now.

if they wouldnt go out with someone simply because of their sexual past then i agree with you its sad that they get so worked up about a meaningless number. that goes for someone who would condemn a virgin just as much as it does for someone who would only date a virgin (or close to it).
G4ry
woah...is that aimed at me? I'm just presenting another side of the argument. Doesn't mean to say i agree with it or not. No place did i condemn people's sexual preferences if you read what i typed.

No it wasn't specifically aimed at you, but it was aimed at the side you were presenting, I know that youdidn't say that way your opinion, or condem anyone, but it is the people who are of that opinion who often condem people for having a different prespecitve regarding sex. I'm sorry for the aggression in my post, it really wasn't directed at you, just the school of thought you were presenting. no offence meant!!
My girlfriend has suffered through numerous and largely dysfunctional partnerships which have long since inculcated in her a sense of cynicism and wary apprehension regarding the 'rougher' sex. If anything, I was flattered that she would discern in me initially something which might perhaps be deemed to warrant such a (for her) decidedly reckless undertaking.
Anonymous
in all honesty, do people really take notice of how much sexual experience you've had (especially if you're a guy). i haven't had much and I feel people would judge me. I don't particularly want to rectify this situation yet because i don't feel like i want a girlfriend yet since i'm not too into comittment. and i'm not a one night stand person....but still, if i was a virgin at 18 (i'm just 17) i expect people would think i'm hopeless at romance and sex?

this isn't a 'oh my life's awful cos i don't get any sex' thread. i want to see it from another persons angle that's all. :smile:

1 - That depends who the phrase "other people" is talking about - if a partner, for instance, then yes.

2 - Consider that, whilst they will care, they won't take things out of proportions and make extreme assumptions. If you're not very experienced, then don't mention it until you've got a strong bond going with someone. Once you've done that, talking about *anything* is easily and liberating.

Once you're totally attracted to each other, you can divulge all sorts of secrets - although you might want to keep schtum about the goat on holiday. :wink:
Reply 24
Eh, honestly? Unless you sleep around aka Slut, I wouldnt really care. I hate that one night stand ****.
Reply 25
I personally would not want to go out with someone who's been around a lot.
edu
Eh, honestly? Unless you sleep around aka Slut, I wouldnt really care. I hate that one night stand ****.

your missing out then
Reply 27
high priestess fnord
your missing out then

if you say so ^^
Reply 28
TBH Im not that bothered about the experience of the girl as I would be the person she was with and thats all that matters. I wouldnt think any less of her if she was or wasnt a virgin.
Reply 29
I'm going to be a bit different and say that it does matter more at university. I have felt so uncomfortable in games of "I've never", and some people have done the most outrageous things!
But that's just girls, I find. I doubt any guy would ask about it...
Reply 30
*Katie*
I'm going to be a bit different and say that it does matter more at university. I have felt so uncomfortable in games of "I've never", and some people have done the most outrageous things!
But that's just girls, I find. I doubt any guy would ask about it...

i could imagine those games could be quite awkward. i'd just lie probably- or ignore it and suggest another game or something. i can see this kind of thing cropping up in fresher's week.
Reply 31
Anonymous
i could imagine those games could be quite awkward. i'd just lie probably- or ignore it and suggest another game or something. i can see this kind of thing cropping up in fresher's week.

Nobody said you had to play the game in the first place :\
Anonymous

Or just be honest and have fun?
Reply 33
Anonymous

Yes, and they mean you get to laugh at everyone else's ridiculous mishaps while not getting too wasted yourself. :wink: And lying is AGAINST THE RULES. :mad:

I have to say with most people I don't give a damn about what they do as long as it doesn't affect me or my relationship with them. When it comes to my friends though, I'm a lot more worried about the ones who are sleeping around (as some kind of "therapy" after being dumped) than the ones who aren't getting any at the moment.
I'll speak for myself when I say...I don't care what sexual experience other people have had.

OK sometimes it's fun to have banter about things only sexually experienced people can appreciate but all in all I couldn't care less.

If someone wants to wait until they are married,that's cool,I almost admire them....if someone sleeps around,again,that's cool if they just view sex as a bit of fun with a random person now and again.

We played 'I have never' in the first week of uni...le shame.
Wangers
What a retarded way of thinking, sex is slightly different from chemistry. There is no set method in sex. what mistakes? physiclly? oops wrong place?

Enough said.

G4ry
Well, in that case millions of people are going to disagree with you. I think it's nice to be honest that only one other person in the world knows the intricacies of one and that it's something only they share. It makes it more special too, but i guess in the western world we live in a world where part of us became numb and it's all about numbers now.

To postpone sexual congress pending marital union makes about as much sense as deferring conversation in a similar fashion.
Reply 36
I judge a guy on every aspect of his personality, not how much sex he's got. I suppose I might question a guy who had slept with a hell of a lot of people, because it would probably mean my view of sex (that it should be a special thing) would be different to his. However, I can't see a lack of sexual experience ever being a problem for me.
Reply 37
ciara
I judge a guy on every aspect of his personality, not how much sex he's got. I suppose I might question a guy who had slept with a hell of a lot of people, because it would probably mean my view of sex (that it should be a special thing) would be different to his. However, I can't see a lack of sexual experience ever being a problem for me.

<3

Latest

Trending

Trending