Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hello everybody.

quick view on my situation : Im currently studying at uni but I reapplied to other unis ( ICL UCL KINGS LSE BRISTOL WARWICK ). The thing is that I dont want to study now for financial reasons. The earlier I get my offer or rejection the better. If I had offer I would quit uni now and work full time till next september. This would help my parents a lot. is it possible that my application is somehow considered earlier than others ? ( i ve got very good results all >85% extended level ) I was thinking of ringing my admission tutors and asking them. I realize it may be impossible with LSE, but if I get uncodicional from ICL I would decline rest of offers.

Thx for answers

ReputationRep:
    Is there any reason you wouldn't get any offers from those? I think it's unlikely that you'll be rejected from all of them, and even then there's Extra and Clearing. You got into uni once, so you'll get in somewhere again.

ReputationRep:
    hey ronove what happens if you accept an offer but on results day you have a change of mind??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malfoy)
    hey ronove what happens if you accept an offer but on results day you have a change of mind??
    If you still want to go to uni that year: If it's your Firm choice, you can ring them and ask them to release you, but they don't have to. If they do, you can go to your Insurance or repeat the process with them, and then go through clearing. If they won't release you you can just not go at all, and reapply for the year after.

If you don't want to go to uni that year: You can ring your Firm/Insurance (whichever have accepted you on results day) and ask them to defer your place if you still want to go to them next year. They might do so, or they might tell you to reapply during the gap year. If you don't want to go to that uni anymore and you want to reapply, you'll have to ring them up and say you're not coming, and make sure you don't say anything like 'I can't come this year' or anything, as you don't want to get into the awkward situation of them offering to defer your place for you when you don't want it (you can't reapply while holding a deferred place). Just be inventive if needs be and come up with a reason you can't come to their uni that will stop you from going the next year as well! Or you could just tell the truth about not wanting to go to their university, but rather you than me. Not that anything bad will happen, it just might be a bit awkward on the phone!

ReputationRep:
    in theory one could phone the firm place up and say im going to my insurance and they could phone the insurance place say im going to the firm without doing neither right

ReputationRep:
    in theory one could phone the firm place up and say im going to my insurance and they could phone the insurance place say im going to the firm without doing neither right
    No, because to go to your insurance you have to ask your firm and get them to release you. They don't have to do this if they don't want to. Your only options if they refuse are to go there or not go at all that year.
    If they release you it will appear like you missed your firm offer, so your insurance will know you're not going there.

ReputationRep:
    i just mean like say if you got into x degree but you dont want to do that any more that can you take a year out

ReputationRep:
    i just mean like say if you got into x degree but you dont want to do that any more that can you take a year out
    Yes, you just ring them up, tell them you're not coming, and reapply in the September/October/Novermber/whatever following results day, when you're just starting your gap year.
    I changed my mind about my subject and so withdrew my application in June. I'm reapplying now, and am on my gap year.

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.