The Student Room Group

I have to ask, can sometimes someone genuinely...

Not be ready for commitment. In this situation the person has a lot going on, it wasn't what they was looking for right now. The other problem is they are 18, I am 21 and they like me a lot but they are 50/50 and torn between what they want. This is how it has always come across, with close friends and flatmates having a high influence on her.

I get that it's one of the biggest excuses to get rid of a guy, but sometimes is there an actual chance that someone can genuinely not be ready. This person had never been on a date, never had a boyfriend and I presume they genuinely never got this sort of attention from a guy. It pretty made them feel scared because they hadn't had the experience of this, because of regularly travelling with parents due to there job role and always being surrounded by her mother.

I am quite an understanding person, and tried to not walk away from the situation. But I have made myself absent now, because I don't want to push any further in a situation that's just going around in circles.

I remember watching this girl stare out the window thinking, then looking at me in the eye and saying nothing. I could see a lot in just this, that she's absolutely comfortable with me but very scared about how she feels. Someone suggested it could be love, hence why she's so scared - as they've never felt this way for anyone before.

She also talks about me a lot, to everyone. So I am thinking will she come after me when she's ready or when she misses me enough that nobody else can give her what I gave her?
Reply 1
Of course its possible, and I think deep down you know this, and that's the reason you made this post; you were looking for confirmation. Guess what, I'm here to give you that confirmation because I am in that exact same position. Never been on a date or had a boyfriend so all I know how to handle is school work and other stuff unrelated to having a relationship. I also spend time deep in thought and ponder my own feelings which is what I believe is what's happening to this girl you like. She may genuinely not be able to commit to you because at this point in time she doesn't know how to handle it.
Reply 2
Original post by hmushy
Of course its possible, and I think deep down you know this, and that's the reason you made this post; you were looking for confirmation. Guess what, I'm here to give you that confirmation because I am in that exact same position. Never been on a date or had a boyfriend so all I know how to handle is school work and other stuff unrelated to having a relationship. I also spend time deep in thought and ponder my own feelings which is what I believe is what's happening to this girl you like. She may genuinely not be able to commit to you because at this point in time she doesn't know how to handle it.

She never did or could. I don't think she's ready, but that's the whole thing really.

Thank you for the confirmation though :smile: She's lost out bigtime as I would have been a good friend to her too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending