kinsonjap
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I could really use some help for my German test. I would really appreciate it if someone could check my work as I am fairly new to the language and a bit unsure in places.
Could you please take the time out to check, mark and alter my work and then attach to your comment.

Thank you very much.
stewarte
Badges: 10
Report 5 years ago
I'll be very glad to help! I'm not an expert on German, so I'll post this here. I'll break it up for you and post my comments in red and changes in bold.

Spoiler:
Show

In meiner Schule lerne ich Mathe und ich mag Mathe denn es ist interessant, nützlich und wichtig. Ich finde auch meine Lehrerin lustig und es ist toll. Ich lerne nicht gern Geschichte, weil es langweilig ist und meine Lehrerin ist furchtbar.

The verb 'studieren' usually only refers to university, so when you're at school, you use the verb 'lernen'. I'm pretty sure they mean the same thing, but 'lernen' is more for schools.
You don't have to repeat the same word twice (Mathe), instead, you can use 'es' (it).
'Auch' nearly always comes after the verb, so it's advisable not to place it at the start or end of the sentence. I've also put a sentence together to make more sense (and removed the auch).

Mein Lieblingsfach ist Informatik, da es faszinierend, nützlich, wichtig und einfach ist und mein Lehrer ist freundlich und cool. Ich lerne gern Deutsch denn es ist interessant. (stuff removed - I don't know what you're talking about). Am Mittwoch habe ich Theater in der ersten Stunde und das ist nicht gut, weil ich das Theater hasse! Meiner Meinung nach ist es schrecklich. Die erste Stunde beginnt am 9.15 und das ist nicht gut, weil es zu früh ist!

You have got to get out of the habit of using 'denn' for every sentence. You need a bit of variety so start using 'weil'. I suspect you're using the former because you don't have to change the word order, but it's a bit dry to read if you don't have variety. You also need to watch your capitalisations and adjective endings (der ersten Stunde, z.B).

In der zweiten Stunde am Mittwoch, habe ich Mathe und das ist sehr gut, weil ich Mathe mit Frau Riaz mag. Es beginnt am 10.10 am Mittwoch. Die zweite Stunde endet am 11.15 und die Pause beginnt. Die Pause endet am 11.40. In der kurzen Pause esse ich viele Kekse und manchmal esse ich viele Bonbons. Ich helfe mittwochs in der Bibliothek, weil der Bibliothekar freundlich ist. Wenn die Pause endet, habe ich Englisch, die manchmal Englisch gut ist.

I've removed some stuff because it doesn't sound right in German. Please be careful with your verb conjugations (helfen). Your genders are all over the place, it's die Pause, for example.

Danach ist Mittagessen, das beginnt am 12.40 und endet am 1.25. Normalerweise esse ich ein Schinkenbrot, das schmackhaft ist. Es ist mein Lieblingsbutterbrot. Ich setze mich auf mit meinen Freundinnen und ich plaudere mit sie. In der vierten Stunde, habe ich Spanisch. Ich mag Spanisch, weil es einfach ist und ich finde meine Lehrerin freundlich. Spanisch beginnt am 1.25 und endet am 2.25 nach zwei.

I've changed a few things here. I've added the stuff in underlined in because I didn't think the German translation would get your point across.

Dann habe ich Technologie in der fünfte Stunde. Das ist gut denn es ist lustig, einfach und nützlich. Meiner Meinung nach ist Mittwoch ein guter Schultag! Ich trage zur Schule eine schwarze Hose, ein weißes Hemd, einen schwarzen Blazer, eine rote Krawatte, schwarze Socken und schwarze Schuhe. Manchmal trage ich einen dunkelblauen Pullover, wenn es kalt ist. Ich finde die Schuluniform sehr gut, weil es schick ist und nicht bunt. Ich mag meine Schule denn es ist toll und die Schüler sind freundlich. Meine Schule hat eine Bibliothek und eine große Turnhalle, aber ich hasse Sport weil ich nicht sportlich bin.

You have fulfilled your criteria and it was good. You have a few grammar grammars, but you can work on them. You just need to be careful on word order and using 'weil' as well as 'denn' for a bit of variation. You should also use 'ich finde' to express your opinions. I've also corrected the 'große Pause' to 'Mittagessen' (lunch) because I thought that's what you were referring to. Brilliant work, though, considering you're new to the language.
kinsonjap
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
thank you very much stewarte, now i just have to remember it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (47)
16.04%
I'm not sure (8)
2.73%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (100)
34.13%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.37%
I'm not a current university student (134)
45.73%

Watched Threads