Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've pretty much done my online application, I gave my form to the lady in the office who sorts it out and my subject tecahers finally did my references. I think my tutor did the reference yesterday, but he's really slow and dithery about things. The lady in the office said that tutors actually have until Nov 6th to finish doing references, and because her and the head of sixth haven't checked mine yet I can't send it off until the next half of term.

I'm fed up of my college's laid back attitude to UCAS, and I'm worried that this could stop me getting accepted into colleges like King's or Queen's because I'll have applied too late. What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=304806

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    If you end up with no offers it's not because of not applying before November, that's for sure.

ReputationRep:
    agreed, last year my friend applied in January and got offers to Leeds, Birmingham and Cardiff-wouldnt advice leaving it quite that late though! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    I'm hoping to get it sent off next month as the sooner the better.

ReputationRep:
    my friend applied in January
    The final deadline is not until 15th January. I think my referee has only sent 4 UCAS forms off at the end of this week. I'm just waiting to receive my welcome letter now.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the only person to have applied so far from my school, and that's only because I'm applying to Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    Most people in my school haven't applied yet, so don't worry!

Like Bex, I've only applied now because of Cambridge, but I probably would have got my application in early anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Late Applying sometimes means you could not wait for such a long time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Bex~)
    I'm the only person to have applied so far from my school, and that's only because I'm applying to Cambridge.
    Same here, the majority of students are still compiling together the basic outline of their personal statements, and the more adventurous within the College are working away on their first and second drafts.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it will matter. Officially universities have to give equal consideration to all applications received before the January 15th deadline, so although applying early may be a slight advantage because admissions tutors will have more time to look at your application, you should be fine as long as you apply before the end of November. Only myself and one other person in my year had applied by this time, and that's only because we were the Cambridge applicants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickiM)
    Most people in my school haven't applied yet, so don't worry!
    Nah, they haven't here either. Most people only just got their personal statements done. I decided to do things early as usual.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.