Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just seen this film again.

It does lose some of his magic the second time - the character of Benny is poorly portrayed - he is meant to be an almost hero but it comes across as a bit silly - they should have had him save 1 or 2 people.

I also think they should have saved all the killings til the end to build it up a bit more.

Annoying that the kids are not warning one another - also the school is very empty - its size suggests it would have way more students normally

I liked the camera following the people tho - without the long walks the film woulda been like 40mins!

Overall its still very good

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think it was very good at all. If anything it was a bit ploddy and boring and I wasn't keen on the documentary cameras-following-people style either. I did see it a long time ago, in something like 2004 when I think it was released and I think it was mainly ignored because there weren't very many good reviews of it.

I also remember feeling a bit surprised when I saw that the director was Gus Van Sant, because the film just seemed so lacking and undeveloped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smash)
    I didn't think it was very good at all. If anything it was a bit ploddy and boring and I wasn't keen on the documentary cameras-following-people style either. I did see it a long time ago, in something like 2004 when I think it was released and I think it was mainly ignored because there weren't very many good reviews of it.

I also remember feeling a bit surprised when I saw that the director was Gus Van Sant, because the film just seemed so lacking and undeveloped.
    I can't believe how successful the film was with awards etc. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I really liked this film. My first impression was that Alex and Eric were gay, but if you listen to them talking in the shower, you heard the words 'So I guess I've never really kissed anyone before. You?' Or words to that effect.
    I didn't like how they killed the geeky girl in the library, I didn't think that was fair, and I would have liked to see what happened to Elias, and the boyfriend and girlfriend in the freezer.

ReputationRep:
    i felt sorry for the girl when she was getting bullied in the changing room, or at least i got the impression that's what was going on? bullying isn't nice and even though it was only a film it still wasn't nice hearing her getting laughed at.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fanofkdc)
    I really liked this film. My first impression was that Alex and Eric were gay, but if you listen to them talking in the shower, you heard the words 'So I guess I've never really kissed anyone before. You?' Or words to that effect.
    I didn't like how they killed the geeky girl in the library, I didn't think that was fair, and I would have liked to see what happened to Elias, and the boyfriend and girlfriend in the freezer.
    Elias got blown away in the library (straight after the girl) - not least for being a prat and trying to photograph them

We can assume the final 2 got blown away as well - altho if I was the boy in the fridge I would have put up a fight when he came into the fridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -1066-)
    i felt sorry for the girl when she was getting bullied in the changing room, or at least i got the impression that's what was going on? bullying isn't nice and even though it was only a film it still wasn't nice hearing her getting laughed at.
    Yea she was being bullied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fanofkdc)
    And the other killings were :rolleyes: It was just mindless murder, I don't think they particularly cared if she was geeky or not :p: It was a bit sudden though, can't believe Eli started to take a picture :p: x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojo72)
    Elias got blown away in the library (straight after the girl) - not least for being a prat and trying to photograph them

We can assume the final 2 got blown away as well - altho if I was the boy in the fridge I would have put up a fight when he came into the fridge.
    Yeah but he would have just shot him if he even moved probs. Although the boy with the gun (Alex? Eric?) was counting for aaages, so he may have been able to do something. Ah well, bit disappointed by the ending, they should have followed the true events where the boys shoot each other, but the fact that one boy shot the other mid sentence was quite shocking so for cinematic value it was good. Good film x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 2, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.