European Politics/Politics

Watch
This discussion is closed.
young_free
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I chose a degree in European Politics over Politics because I thought Politics was just British Politics but now I know it's more global? But the University Website seems to sell European Politics much more, and the grades are a tad lower (not necessarily a good thing).
What would be better? Can anyone offer some advice?
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by young_free)
I chose a degree in European Politics over Politics because I thought Politics was just British Politics but now I know it's more global? But the University Website seems to sell European Politics much more, and the grades are a tad lower (not necessarily a good thing).
What uni is this at? I think European politics sounds interesting
llama boy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No, no. A politics degree certainly isn't just British politics.
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by llama boy)
No, no. A politics degree certainly isn't just British politics.

I don't know much, but I'm guessing that a politics degree will offer things such as international (e.g American) politics whereas the European course won't do this
rah
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
the nottingham politics degree has very little british politics, s'why i love it! european politics means you have to study this annoying module (jean monnet)which has two 9am lectures, madness! hehe
Nellz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It depends. European politics is going to focus much more on Europe with probably very little room for outside study. Politics is much more global and has a much wider focus. Its all in what you prefer.
LongGone
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
looking on the notts website, the main difference I noticed was that you had to study two extra modules on the european union or something. Since for me, the EU sends me to sleep, there was no way I'd do that.

The guy at the open day said that so long as you had the ABB for the normal politics, it was pretty easy to swtich between them.
young_free
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Excellent, great. Thanx for the advice guys. And i was talking about Nottingham it's just i found a part of the Nottingham website (don't know how to access it from the main site, just sortta found it) that was really selling European Politics, more so than Politics, but I guess I will try and change to Politics.
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Excellent, great. Thanx for the advice guys. And i was talking about Nottingham it's just i found a part of the Nottingham website (don't know how to access it from the main site, just sortta found it) that was really selling European Politics, more so than Politics, but I guess I will try and change to Politics.
they evidently need to make up the numbers, read into that what you will.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (43)
7.76%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (43)
7.76%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (131)
23.65%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (75)
13.54%
No, nothing has changed (174)
31.41%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (88)
15.88%

Watched Threads