Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I chose a degree in European Politics over Politics because I thought Politics was just British Politics but now I know it's more global? But the University Website seems to sell European Politics much more, and the grades are a tad lower (not necessarily a good thing).
    What would be better? Can anyone offer some advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by young_free)
    I chose a degree in European Politics over Politics because I thought Politics was just British Politics but now I know it's more global? But the University Website seems to sell European Politics much more, and the grades are a tad lower (not necessarily a good thing).
    What uni is this at? I think European politics sounds interesting

ReputationRep:
    No, no. A politics degree certainly isn't just British politics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    No, no. A politics degree certainly isn't just British politics.

I don't know much, but I'm guessing that a politics degree will offer things such as international (e.g American) politics whereas the European course won't do this

the nottingham politics degree has very little british politics, s'why i love it! european politics means you have to study this annoying module (jean monnet)which has two 9am lectures, madness! hehe

ReputationRep:
    It depends. European politics is going to focus much more on Europe with probably very little room for outside study. Politics is much more global and has a much wider focus. Its all in what you prefer.

ReputationRep:
    looking on the notts website, the main difference I noticed was that you had to study two extra modules on the european union or something. Since for me, the EU sends me to sleep, there was no way I'd do that.

The guy at the open day said that so long as you had the ABB for the normal politics, it was pretty easy to swtich between them.

ReputationRep:
    Excellent, great. Thanx for the advice guys. And i was talking about Nottingham it's just i found a part of the Nottingham website (don't know how to access it from the main site, just sortta found it) that was really selling European Politics, more so than Politics, but I guess I will try and change to Politics.

ReputationRep:
    Excellent, great. Thanx for the advice guys. And i was talking about Nottingham it's just i found a part of the Nottingham website (don't know how to access it from the main site, just sortta found it) that was really selling European Politics, more so than Politics, but I guess I will try and change to Politics.
    they evidently need to make up the numbers, read into that what you will.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.