Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Oh I agree it's pretty stupid that it's 21. There's lots of immature 21 year olds. But I'm not complaining. : P

ReputationRep:
    Currently at MMU in the Computing Department and statistics show that you are better off coming out of MMU than Man Uni because it's more hands on and practical than Man Unis approach which is more theory. As people have said, it depends on the department and it depends on you as a person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xopa)
    Currently at MMU in the Computing Department and statistics show that you are better off coming out of MMU than Man Uni because it's more hands on and practical than Man Unis approach which is more theory. As people have said, it depends on the department and it depends on you as a person.
    When I visited a few years ago that department didn't have a good reputation:mad: I find it hard to believe that MMU offers better job prospects for computing than Manchester which is also incorporates UMIST.

ReputationRep:
    Recent new facilities in the John Dolton building are amazing. What I said though is only what I heard. I really can't see what the poor reputation points could be apart from the high percentage of *******s who just go to play on computers who haven't got a two wits idea about what to do. Just like the rest of MMU it's full of scummy drop outs, which is a pity really.

Ahh yep, I can see now :P

As I said about though, you are what you make it. You'll get out what you put in.

ReputationRep:
    Well as you probably saw from my updated sig I applied for Manchester Met. It's more of a backup choice though. Would love to get into one of the other five but even as a mature student I'm not sure 260 UCAS points will get any offers. It's not like I have relevant work experience to boast about. Manchester uni would be my favourite but foundation year is kinda off putting and more of a backup at this point.

ReputationRep:
    What is the film studies department like?

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for MMU and I have been to the Uni for an open day, I found the building quite modern and the atmosphere was really friendly.

However, my course is in the Elizabeth Gaskell campus and I only visited the John Dalton building due to lack of time I had.

Has anyone been to the E.G campus, if so can anyone tell me what it is like??

My interview is coming up soon! :eek: haha.

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah-Lou)
    I've applied for MMU and I have been to the Uni for an open day, I found the building quite modern and the atmosphere was really friendly.

However, my course is in the Elizabeth Gaskell campus and I only visited the John Dalton building due to lack of time I had.

Has anyone been to the E.G campus, if so can anyone tell me what it is like??

My interview is coming up soon! :eek: haha.

xxx
    Think I've been there once, its just your standard building with some lecture rooms and normal rooms with tables and chairs. John dalton is only modern at the front, the back part of the place is a dump.

ReputationRep:
    i went to look round the languages dept in MMU and UoM and MMU blew UoM out of the water, and by a long long way! Which surprised me, reputation isn't everything!

ReputationRep:
    The times ranking isn't the be all and end all. I know the art and design department is excellent, it's actually trying to change it's name to "Manchester School of Art", take that how you will.

Afraid I can't tell you much about the quality of other departments though.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 2, 2009

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 15 May '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.