Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Because I like math but I wouldn't have likes a specific degree

At the same time the economics subjects offer a lot of possibility for the carrer

Bye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaka09)
    Because I like math but I wouldn't have likes a specific degree

At the same time the economics subjects offer a lot of possibility for the carrer
    Yeah, it seems a lot of us are doing it for the Maths content. A part of me really hopes that Economics at uni is nothing like A-level. (i.e. lots and lots of essay writing)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Synergetic)
    Yeah, it seems a lot of us are doing it for the Maths content. A part of me really hopes that Economics at uni is nothing like A-level. (i.e. lots and lots of essay writing)
    In Italy I have no essay writing

What's an A-level? :confused: :confused: :confused: I know few things about english school

Bye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaka09)
    In Italy I have no essay writing

What's an A-level? :confused: :confused: :confused: I know few things about english school

Bye
    Lucky you!

It's a qualification. Most people pick 3 A-levels in different subjects - e.g. History, Economics, Maths - and study them at an 'Advanced Level'. Just realised how crap my explanation is, try wiki.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosicky88)
    Lucky you!

It's a qualification. Most people pick 3 A-levels in different subjects - e.g. History, Economics, Maths - and study them at an 'Advanced Level'. Just realised how crap my explanation is, try wiki.
    Thanks, I'll try

Bye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahB_)
    How strong exactly is the school of management at Bath. I'm an economics student & the economics dept at Bath is fantastic.. I think 6th or 7th in the country when it comes to league tables.

Back to your original question - I chose economics because I enjoyed it at A-level and it leads to many career options, depending on what modules you take as part of your degree. I'm looking to go into the finance industry, possibly accountancy, so I chose uni's who's economics department offered option modules with the business/management departments & who had good links to the industry.

From what I've gathered.. so far, over half the modules I'm taking as part of my economics degree are also being taken by students from accounting & finance degrees (thats the compulsary stats & maths modules.. then i'm doing business accounting as an option)
    Sorry, Sarah, i know the Econ department is very good.
    But when i talked to my personal tutor about changing to Economics..she was asking me why I should change if i want to pursue a career in the city.
    i think she is probably biased coz she is working for the School of Management..i guess.
    So how is your course going?

ReputationRep:
    The course is going well thanks (apart from the coursework due in tomorrow which I haven't finished yet!). I think most lecturers/tutors big up their departments - at the end of the day both degrees will be fine for persuing a careers in the city, especially with the year in industry placements

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 2, 2006

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.