This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
got them on tues any1 else?????

is it just me or is mod 5 exam a *****!there so much you just ahve to learn not a lot u need to understand-which i hate beacuse u get taught it by chalk n talk. no fun!n most of all what i hate is that in the exam u just have to sit n try n remember stuff rather than understanding it like u have to for the organic stuff n the maths bit. all thid aqua inos n TMs is not good.

oh n the multiple choice paper....that a joke-its the pub quiz for a levekl chemist...just a damn sight harder!!!i hate that paper!
does any1 know how much of my final grade thats worth. i need 130 point UMS from mod 5 n 6(cswk n ot exam) to get an A.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
mod 5 is 20% mod 6 is 10% (coursework or practical is 5%). ***** of an exam to revise for i agree_ u have to kno mod4 in depth for 5! (and 6). dun everythin apart from mod4 now - hopefully tomorow and monday will be enuf. itl have to be...
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
mod 1+2+3 = 50%
mod 4+5=40%
mod6( a level practicle cswk and multiple choice exam)=10%

that right???
or have i got i mixed up
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
mod1+2+3 = 50%
mod 4 = 15%
mod 5 = 20%
cwk OR practical = 5%
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
oops and unit 6= 10%
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
cheers. so 130 marks from the two remaining exasm n cswk-which i dont know what is core on shouldnt be too bad. say 80 on mod 5 n 30 on the multiple choice(thats half marks) n hopefully 20/30 on the cswk that i did.

any revision tips for chemistry then folks?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Yep, i'm also having issues with module 5 and the synoptic stuff. i had to resit module 4, and that was the easy one. I'm most worried about the synoptic section B in module 5. Looks like a *****. and catalysis is going in one ear and out the other.

i totally haven't done enough revision, i've just had way too much work on. when will it all stop? aaaaahhhh!!
Forders
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
How many reactions of transition metals do there want to be??
its such a joke.

on the multiple guess paper - is 30 really half marks? isnt it out of 80? i have no clue

i thought mod 4 was pretty dire though may have been improved with bit more revision perhaps!!

xxx
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Dnt knw abt u folks, but my teacher gave me a whole book (stapled together) with about 200 q's on every topic on mod 5 (with answers), Been throught that today (took 8 hrs- no joke) but i think im ready for that. the multi choice and section b is mainly mod 4 stuff, so revise that just as well, and do some past papers! AdZ
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
well 30is half in terms of ums

yeah mod 4 comes up loadz in the part b. jst lots a practice qs
the multiple choice testis weird buthey thats a level chem
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
haha lol - dyu feel like scanning it to help us all out??
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (177)
46.34%
Take exams next summer (56)
14.66%
Change uni choice through clearing (90)
23.56%
Apply to uni next year instead (41)
10.73%
I'm not applying to university (18)
4.71%

Watched Threads