Henry is a bigger snake than Fabregas

Watch this thread
IceJJFish(II)
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Henry played for Arsenal throughout a trophy laden era, then proceeded to jump ship at the age of 29. He left in 2007, a year or so after the move to the Emirates where, presumably, he was told that the squad wouldn't be majorly invested in due to stadium debt and the target was top 4 finishes. He takes the glory; yet when the going gets tough Henry packs his back and moves to Spain.

If we look at Cesc, he played (properly) from around 2004 to 2001, so he won a single F.A cup in this period. He devoted himself despite being one of the best players in the world in his position to a club with ambitions that didn't match his ability. He captained ****s like Adebayor, Nasri and Clichy, and the ultimately returned after no trophies in his career for 7 years to his BOYHOOD club Barça.

Now is it just me who sees discrepancy here? Henry betrayed the club after everything they did to him, whereas Cesc joined the club he grew up with. The country of his birth, the club of his international team-mates and the academy he was at from a young age. Don't give me the joining Chelsea bull**** because Arsenal and Wenger rejected him.

Anyways discuss.
That Bearded Man
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
I'd like to think Cesc would have gone back to Arsenal if they were prepared to match Chelsea offer. I likewise agree about returning to his childhood club, he did pay some of the fee himself did he not?

I think if you are stagnating and the club isn't going anywhere you can understand why players want to leave and move up. I'd blame Arsenal for not improving their squad enough to go for more titles.

The issue is fee, Ronaldo and Bale left for fair prices. Rvp, clichy, adebayor and nasri left for around £25mill, didnt Fabregas and song go for £15mil each?

How much did Henry go for?

As for Henry, still not forgiving him for knocking us out of the world cup.
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
You're still pissed about this aint ya

Or is it this

Probably this

Discuss
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Henry turned down £50m moves to Barcelona & Real Madrid in 2006, which would have been a world record at the time.
TheMagicRat
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Breaking News: Human being changes job to further their own career.
mackemforever
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by IceJJFish(II))
Henry played for Arsenal throughout a trophy laden era, then proceeded to jump ship at the age of 29. He left in 2007, a year or so after the move to the Emirates where, presumably, he was told that the squad wouldn't be majorly invested in due to stadium debt and the target was top 4 finishes. He takes the glory; yet when the going gets tough Henry packs his back and moves to Spain.

If we look at Cesc, he played (properly) from around 2004 to 2001, so he won a single F.A cup in this period. He devoted himself despite being one of the best players in the world in his position to a club with ambitions that didn't match his ability. He captained ****s like Adebayor, Nasri and Clichy, and the ultimately returned after no trophies in his career for 7 years to his BOYHOOD club Barça.

Now is it just me who sees discrepancy here? Henry betrayed the club after everything they did to him, whereas Cesc joined the club he grew up with. The country of his birth, the club of his international team-mates and the academy he was at from a young age. Don't give me the joining Chelsea bull**** because Arsenal and Wenger rejected him.

Anyways discuss.
Utter *******s.

They both gave their best for Arsenal for a number of years, both developed from being players with potential to being world class and both left when they were given the chance to play at the absolute top level.

Also if you actually read anything that Henry has said about his reasons for leaving Arsenal then they are all very genuine and all make good sense.

Plus let's not forget that Henry did choose to rejoin the club when asked to help out back in 2012 when Arsenal were a bit short on strikers due to injuries, he didn't have to but he chose to help out the club that helped his career take off.
al_94
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Henry left Arsenal after the 2006 champions league defeat to Barcelona. He realized that he could not win this trophy and left Arsenal to join Barcelona which became one of the greatest teams of the modern era. He achieved his goal of winning the Champions League in 2009 and completed his collection of winning just about everything in football. I can't blame him for doing that as he did what was best for his career.
doobucks
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Lol at mackems response.
So Instinct
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Who actually cares tbh, weak bait thread anyway.
doobucks
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by So Instinct)
Who actually cares tbh, weak bait thread anyway.
You're alive bro?
ClockEnderAFC
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Mate you must be fishing or something. Henry was 10x the player Cesc was for Arsenal. Atleast he had some bottle and fight, and turned up in big games (mostly). Cesc thought he was the messiah when he became captain, and never had the mentality to become a really great player for Arsenal. In his last season he refused to play to force a transfer even though Nasri still played when everyone knew he was going to City. Not to mention Cesc going to watch a grand prix while Arsenal were playing when he was injured. Hardly actions of a captain.
doobucks
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Yeah clockender is strong dupe.
ClockEnderAFC
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Such a beg thread.
Fideo
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Neither did anything wrong.
doobucks
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
Such a beg thread.
Yes AR it's a beg thread.
Fideo
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
#calledout
samba
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Comparing Henry to Fabregas is like comparing a Rolls Royce Phantom to a Honda Accord.
Eboracum
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Whilst staying at one club for ones whole career (or much of a career) deserves admiration, I don't think you can blame players for leaving. Even as a Manchester United fan, if I'd played for the club for 5/6/7 years and I got the chance to have a couple of years at Real or Barca I'd probably take it, life is short and you want as many experiences for it. As much as I loved him, I couldn't blame Ronaldo for going to Madrid.

I think with Cesc, Arsenal were just stupid believing they didn't need him Ozil and Carzola. Had they of been in for him I like to of think he'd have returned, but really it was about who was there at the right moment, and it was Chelsea. Manchester United bidded 12 months too early, and Arsenal didn't bid at all. Chelsea was Mr Right Now for Cesc, perhaps rather than Mr Right.
MagicNMedicine
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
You can't blame either player for decisions the club made.

I remember in 2006 Henry had one more year on his deal and could go on a free at the end of 2006/07 season, there was a lot of speculation would he run that contract down and would Arsenal have to sell him in the summer. He signed a four year extension just after Arsenal lost the Champions League final to Barca. So Arsenal did not have to sell him after that. They could have kept him till the end of 2009/10, by which time he would be 32. In real terms that's pretty much the rest of his career as a top line striker as nobody really gets upset if you lose a 32 year old on a free.

That meant that any decision to sell him after that would be Arsenal's decision.

And in 2006/07, Henry didn't have quite as good a season as he usually did. At this time Wenger seemed to be working on the philosophy that you should optimise the time to sell a player, ie don't hang on to a once great player when he's past his best. Unfortunately he lost a couple of players too early - Vieira the obvious one, and then Henry, but he would argue that in both players' cases at 29, they were likely to be slightly reduced quality players in the next 3-4 years than they were before. That was probably wrong but at the time you could see the logic in it.

Henry didn't stamp his feet and demand to leave Arsenal - an offer came in and Arsenal said yes we will sell him, so if you have beef about Henry leaving take it up with the club.

In Fabregas' case, he had signed a first refusal deal with Arsenal and no matter what the haters think of him, if Arsenal had wanted him back this year he would be playing in an Arsenal jersey now. Arsenal decided that they didn't want him hence Cesc moved on.
AR_95
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
Yes AR it's a beg thread.

Rofl I haven't had a single dupe to this day. Ask SR90 if I still have my Dupe virginity left. Anymore predictions?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (144)
29.33%
It went fairly well (233)
47.45%
It didn't go too well (73)
14.87%
TERRIBLE! (41)
8.35%

Watched Threads