Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else's SAQ on light green paper? And does anyone else's college want 3 copies of it? If so am I supposed to try and find the same colour paper to photocopy it onto or do you think that I should handwrite it all out 3 identical times?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elements)
    Is anyone else's SAQ on light green paper? And does anyone else's college want 3 copies of it? If so am I supposed to try and find the same colour paper to photocopy it onto or do you think that I should handwrite it all out 3 identical times?
    Lol. Yeah same instructions from Sidney.

However the solution is this. Either:
    1. Modify the one on this thread and then print out 3 copies
    2. Fill out the form once then photocopy it 2 times.

At a push, i doubt they expect you to have light green paper as well:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elements)

Mine was green as well, obviously. And I just photocopied it onto white paper. The original was quite crumpled when it arrived in the post though so the photocopies have a lovely shading effect. :p:

ReputationRep:
    You know for the section where you have to list all the topics you've learnt so far is that for both AS topics and A2 topics (so far) of the subjects I am currently taking to A2? Does that include even my dropped AS subjects? Or is it just the A2 topics I've covered so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lykabelle)
    You know for the section where you have to list all the topics you've learnt so far is that for both AS topics and A2 topics (so far) of the subjects I am currently taking to A2? Does that include even my dropped AS subjects? Or is it just the A2 topics I've covered so far?
    Definitely all AS topics, and any A2 ones you'll have covered properly by the time you have an interview, I'd say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)
    Definitely all AS topics, and any A2 ones you'll have covered properly by the time you have an interview, I'd say.
    cool, just for the subjects I'm currently taking to A2 right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3232)
    Because the form posted was one which all colleges have and then tailor to their specific college and the questions they want to ask. So the colleges themselves have used this 'master' form and removed the boxes themselves and rearranged them. Ill attach the master form to this post.
    just to let you know magdalene's included an extra bit, where below name, school and course there was a tick box thing to describe the type of school you're at (6th form, school, grammar etc etc)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ads.)
    Lol. Yeah same instructions from Sidney.

However the solution is this. Either:
    1. Modify the one on this thread and then print out 3 copies
    2. Fill out the form once then photocopy it 2 times.

At a push, i doubt they expect you to have light green paper as well:p:
    Lol. :p: Thanks. Are you applying to Sidney too then? What for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)

Mine was green as well, obviously. And I just photocopied it onto white paper. The original was quite crumpled when it arrived in the post though so the photocopies have a lovely shading effect. :p:
    Now that's what I'm scared of- the shading effect and hence legibility too, especially with my usefully small writing.:p: Oh and the crumpling too of course!:p: Now I used to have some green paper exactly the same shade as that so I could go and look for it! Or print it out onto one of the other brightly coloured sheets of paper that I own! Points for initiative, eh?! In fact maybe another 2 colours, bright colours would be best so that they stand out and don't get lost amongst all the other paperwork etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3232)
    To get round this i found an online variant which was posted on this forum a few weeks ago (search for Supplementary Application Questionnaire) which is basically the base application which can then be tailored to a specific college. I just moved the boxes around/deleted ones i didnt need and matched the text to the form i was sent, so it was an exact replica of the one sent to me. Then i just used MS Word to write everything i needed to, giving me clear, concise writing without the mess of my (frankly awful) handwriting and it could be shrunk using the font size to fit everything in. Then printed it out, signed it and sent it off. Looks a lot neater than if i'd written it as well, looks quite professional.
    Wow, excellent idea. I think I’ll do the same, at least that way they can avoid trying to decipher my rather awkward handwriting

ReputationRep:
    On the Caius SAQ, there's a section not included in the master copy above, which asks you to list all of the modules which you have taken, and their respective UMS marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orizon)
    On the Caius SAQ, there's a section not included in the master copy above, which asks you to list all of the modules which you have taken, and their respective UMS marks.
    again? You did that already on the CAF right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaelbenson)
    Wow, excellent idea. I think I’ll do the same, at least that way they can avoid trying to decipher my rather awkward handwriting
    Yeah it's a great idea, I'm doing it that way myself

ReputationRep:
    Mine (for Magdalene) was on yellow paper, and did not ask for any copies. Oh the confusion!

ReputationRep:
    mmm.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. So you have to get out that really fine tipped pen and copy out what you've done already (assuming that you have a photocopy of your CAF). Not sure why though; the college already has our CAF.

ReputationRep:
    Quick question: on the 'Fee Status Assessment Questionnaire' does the 'UCAS Number' field refer to the 'Personal ID' or the UCAS 'Application Number'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xenodot)
    Quick question: on the 'Fee Status Assessment Questionnaire' does the 'UCAS Number' field refer to the 'Personal ID' or the UCAS 'Application Number'?
    Application number i believe. Thats what i put down anyway after asking the same question on the Cambridge forums, they could do with making it a bit clearer couldn't they?

ReputationRep:
    Indeed. Thanks for your help. Good luck with your app.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.