Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    are the philip alan biology guides any good for AS and A level biology - edexcel.

ReputationRep:
    The biology A2 class in my school has just been explicitly recomended to buy them. I don't do biology, but have found them very good for Politics, History, and English; they are very exam focussed and provide more advice than the generic Letts ones, etc. Not too expensive either. Worth a try, I'd say

ReputationRep:
    thx for the reply. i am going to buy them.

ReputationRep:
    they are useful i used the unit 5 one but i used it in conjunction with my other notes because they do not contain everything you need to know.

ReputationRep:
    nowhere near the detail and information required

for AS i recommend collins !
    for A2 use the nelson books!

ReputationRep:
    Definately use collins unit guides for edexcel biology - NOT philip allan - use those for A2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by casablanca)
    are the philip alan biology guides any good for AS and A level biology - edexcel.
    Buy the thinnest guide that looks decent is my best advice... and never ever ever read textbooks...

Biology textbooks are the spawn of the devil... They have been designed so people get the false impression that biology is difficult...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 23, 2006

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.