Report 4 years ago
After 10 and 20 years too.

I suspect it can last for life.
al_mohajer
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In general first love for a man will always last forever, and always you are going to remember your first love.
and, it said that first love often will fail ...
"Wanted"
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Absolutely. It's not a bad thing though. Of course there were probably a lot of things you like(d) about them, but just remember, enjoy memories of the happy times you had, at least you experienced them!

When you find someone that truly makes you feel special, and you make them feel the same way, it will be a walk in the park thinking about anything like this.

Best of luck!
pparasseux
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's completely normal to still find yourself missing your ex or thinking about your ex weeks, months or even years after a relationship. Usually these thoughts are triggered by something, is that the case in this situation or do you find yourself thinking about that person on a regular basis?
bumblebee342
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think it's normal in some situations!
Anonymous #2
Report 4 years ago
I'm not sure if it's normal or not but I just messaged an ex after breaking up a year ago and not talking since
Illegal Algebra
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes it's normal. I still miss my ex and it's been so many years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
queen-bee
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I still miss my first love very much
"Wanted"
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by queen-bee)
I still miss my first love very much
Same here. Even though I know we're not made for each other, I sometimes stop and think and feel it inside. Sigh. There's my life story!

Warm regards and best of luck for yourself.
queen-bee
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by "Wanted")
Same here. Even though I know we're not made for each other, I sometimes stop and think and feel it inside. Sigh. There's my life story!

I mean,ive moved on but 6 years was along time we spent together! But I'm glad I learnt from the relationship
"Wanted"
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by queen-bee)
I mean,ive moved on but 6 years was along time we spent together! But I'm glad I learnt from the relationship
Hey hey, that's the absolute most important thing. If you lived and learned then you're all the better for it. Bravo, my friend.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 years ago
Hell no, still think about my ex every day and we broke up like a year ago
gagaslilmonsteruk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not really, other than while we're Facebook friends, as time has passed it has become more evident that we're just too different for each other. We were good friends for a while, then just drifted in different directions.
Charlzi
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was with a guy for 4 years, and got over him within a month easy. Been 6 months and Ive never been happier!
Anonymous #4
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Gott)
This thread has just made me 90% more depressed, as I have this scar as well
Same, fairly recent scar but it doesn't really help knowing that it's a very real possibility it won't go away entirely.
al_mohajer
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by "Wanted")

First love is pure and true. You are like living in the sky, among the clouds and she is with you. Or sometime, you picture her sitting in the moon smiling at you. First love is always the good stuff. Me too I missed my first lady damn good. I believe she is a lady that will come once in 100 yrs. . Every one think about his first lady the same, I guess.

Me sometime, I like to go back in time, to those beautiful days where I was with her. Time with her is endless and limitless. I guess, we are still remembering them because our feelings were true and sincere.

but why often the first love destined to fail ... !!??
Alaric III
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My first relationship lasted 8 months, it was bumpy with many ups and downs and boy did it get ****ed up in the end. It took me a good 6 months to get over her, and I still think about her sometimes. I look back on it and I realise how messy and dumb it was, but first love has a way of shaping you. Even if you don't like your ex anymore - you'll still miss that feeling of falling in love for the first time.

Skip ahead a couple of girlfriends and you come to my most recent one which lasted just under a year and ended because she just fell out of love with me. It ****ing sucks - it was exactly the kind of relationship I was looking for, boy did I love her; but it's been almost two weeks now and I hardly think about her.

Science says it takes you half as long to get over someone as the time you were together. But love doesn't make sense, so how can science understand it? You can't control who you fall in and out of love with, and you can't control how long it takes to heal. You've just gotta keep going.
Simes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Alaric III)
Science says it takes you half as long to get over someone as the time you were together.
I call BS. Links?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (139)
17.57%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
9.36%
No I am happy with my course choice (465)
58.79%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (113)
14.29%

Watched Threads