How do I improve my grammar in French for my AS Level French?

Watch
Azzer11
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Can anyone show me any resources or tips on improving my French grammar. Grammar is the thing that always lets me down on my pieces of writing. I find it difficult to remember and implement all the rules that we are taught, is there an easier way to do this or is it just a case of memorising the rules? Thanks
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Azzer11)
Can anyone show me any resources or tips on improving my French grammar. Grammar is the thing that always lets me down on my pieces of writing. I find it difficult to remember and implement all the rules that we are taught, is there an easier way to do this or is it just a case of memorising the rules? Thanks
Read classic French literature and good quality French newspapers.

Try some of these: http://qwiklit.com/2013/06/01/le-mot...french-novels/
pommefrenchy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Azzer11)
Try languagesonline.org.uk
Azzer11
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by pommefrenchy)
Try languagesonline.org.uk
Thanks, I'll take a look.
odjack
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
^ agreed with languagesonline.

I would recommend getting a French grammar book that explains the rules and then an accompanying grammar exercise book - my teachers gave us this one which I find useful. It's mundane but repetition works and it improves your vocabulary too. As for remembering the rules, I find it helpful to incorporate a new grammar rule or structure into whatever I write next after I've learnt it. So once you learn the 'venir de' structure, for example, you could write 'je viens de regarder le film Harry Potter' in your piece about cinema and you're much more likely to remember it in subsequent work.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
5.71%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
20%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
11.43%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
8.57%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (11)
31.43%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
22.86%

Watched Threads