Turn on thread page Beta

18th birthday party watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hi, its soon going to be my 18th birthday and im thinking of hiring out a place about 30 mins / 20 miles away from my school where most people live. would you be prepared to travel this far to get to a party? thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaaaahhhhh)
    hi, its soon going to be my 18th birthday and im thinking of hiring out a place about 30 mins / 20 miles away from my school where most people live. would you be prepared to travel this far to get to a party? thanks.
    yes. easily.
    I had my going away [to uni] party miles away from where i live

some people had to travel 3 hours and stay in a hotel.

If they wanna be there... they will :p:

ReputationRep:
    I would go ANYWHERE for a good party.

Umm, I mean yeah, sure if you were my friend...

Can I come??

ReputationRep:
    haha! woa thats a bit more reassuring. just so paranoid that loads of people wont be able to get there and wont drive because they want to drink and a taxi costing too much, but its such a nice place that i really want it there!

ReputationRep:
    haha! woa thats a bit more reassuring. just so paranoid that loads of people wont be able to get there and wont drive because they want to drink and a taxi costing too much, but its such a nice place that i really want it there!
    Same with me, to be honest i was scared ppl wouldn't come... cos it was so far out
    but everyone did :love:

ReputationRep:
    also did you put any money behind the bar, give everyone a free drink or did they pay for their own? most of my friends are giving free drinks but the cost is mounting up! thanks

ReputationRep:
    also did you put any money behind the bar, give everyone a free drink or did they pay for their own? most of my friends are giving free drinks but the cost is mounting up! thanks
    Well... my mum said she would pay for all the meals... but ppl had to buy there own drinks... when we got there she was like i'll buy the first drinks
    and erm.. she sorta just carried on.

Which was nice, she's nice.

But some people just took the piss and had like treble rum n coke five times over etc.

I would say make ppl buy there own if theres a bar... its ur party...let people buy you things.

My party was awesome and i had balloons and four cakes and i got presents.... and lots of money... which helps me now at uni :p:
    Anyway.... don't wanna be spamming out your thread... so have a nice parrrtaay x x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eblurvesu)
    Well... my mum said she would pay for all the meals... but ppl had to buy there own drinks... when we got there she was like i'll buy the first drinks
    and erm.. she sorta just carried on.

Which was nice, she's nice.

But some people just took the piss and had like treble rum n coke five times over etc.

I would say make ppl buy there own if theres a bar... its ur party...let people buy you things.

My party was awesome and i had balloons and four cakes and i got presents.... and lots of money... which helps me now at uni :p:
    Anyway.... don't wanna be spamming out your thread... so have a nice parrrtaay x x

Yeah, I know someone who hired somewhere out for their 18th.
    Their parents had bought loads of drinks to take with them but weren't allowed them in the end.
    They paid for drinks for the first couple of hours instead and then we bought our own.
    Some people do take the piss though...

ReputationRep:
    My friends mum hired a massive coach to take all the family and friends to this place for her bday. Was wiiicked.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeh, and she paid for the meal, we paid the drinks. But when the bill came, she paid half our drink bill anyway.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.