ALHammond
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi everyone,

I have a video project due in shortly and I've decided to base it around selfies and how a lot of people (focusing on females) edit their photos to make themselves look completely different, not only to appear what they think is better looking but to gain as many likes as possible.

I've decided to do a before and after and the process of me taking a selfie but am stuck on how to show what would seem more serious sides of the subject such as lack of confidence etc.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks
skd1996
Badges: 17
Report 5 years ago
Issues for the serious side of the subject issues could include: lack of confidence, spending actual money to buy 'likes', eating disorders in order to strive for 'perfection', abuse and bullying in comments, young girls taking pictures in little/no clothing to gain more followers.

To show these issues I have a few ideas but I've never made a video so they won't really be that helpful.

Lack of confidence: Show editing the photo so looks nothing like them, doubts about posting the photo, comparing self against other photos that show 'perfect' faces/bodies.

Spending actual money for likes: Could video yourself waiting for likes, not being happy with the amount you get, and going on various sites and attempting to buy followers/likes.

Eating disorders to strive for perfection: Video yourself scrolling through a very pretty persons page and looking at photos and looking down at yourself to portray you are not happy with how you look. In some way portray an eating disorder related to trying to look like the person - eg. weighing self, not eating etc. Maybe include statistics of number of eating disorders caused by social media and photoshop?

Abuse and bullying in comments: Video of receiving abuse or bullying comments even after all the editing. Showing upset and how this can affect self esteem.

Maybe end the video showing yourself deleting the profile, showing you're actively trying to move away from the pressure?
bettythegeordie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I might as well rant about these issues in some form because people and photoshopping issues can drive me insane.
People want to be part of a group or our society where role models are these pop singers (Arians grande for instance) who go on stage half dressed and half the weight they should be. The press go on to say how 'sexy' and 'hot' they look, sadly a lot of teens my age strive to look like that because of what opinion is presented to them about others.
It makes me sad.
Anyways so here's these girls and when they take a selfie they won't think they live up to those icons 'perfection' so they'll edit it. They will find all they think is wrong, they'll lose weight which is often the cause of eating disorders.
People strive to be perfect.
But perfection is an idealism made by society
Then there's these hate accounts online which are just ridiculous, like seriously devoting your online time to just being a *****? Seriously? So then these girls think they're ugly fat whatever. Those comments hurt a lot. And so we go again trying to be perfect. What we don't realise is this is all a sense of the wrong beauty. It's all just a plastic mask. Beauty comes from within, from acceptance of ourselves and our limits. I like to try and promote that. Many mental illnesses are caused by lack of self belief, stress, people and self confidence.
I used to cut because my emotions got so out of hand and social media was just a reminder. I used quotes and music to understand my emotions which led to me losing control for a year and I could've died. This is the world we have come to accept. We need to have a positive change.
So basically
Perfection is idealism
We should have self belief
Don't listen to hate but common sense
Skinny has limits
Don't try to impress others
Be unique

Today I posted on Instagram 'how to have a lazy day' which consisted if me posting a selfie in my pjs, bed hair, not being washed or make up saying 'look like a wreck and don't care' then a ps4 controller 'play video games for five hours' and pizza I'd eaten saying 'eat unhealthy food all day even if you do already just continue. It doesn't really matter'
Hope your project goes well and my ranty explanation helped ☺️😊😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
vmama
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No idea about that because i have never made a video by myself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (211)
53.15%
No (186)
46.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise