Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Lol! I forgot

But it is perfectly possible to cuddle up in bed without him so much as putting a finger-nail out of place.

ReputationRep:
    *shudders at the memory of previous relationships and parents running after him half naked*

ReputationRep:
    try to be aware of how slowly/fast she wants to take the physical side of it. and make sure she knows your feelings on it too.

don't critisize her friends (unless you have to for self preservation).

don't poison her.

(Original post by edu)
    *shudders at the memory of previous relationships and parents running after him half naked*
    kinky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edu)
    d00d hes 16, breakkie in bed is gona have to wait, unless they have very very understanding parents.
    nah im 18 and just started uni

ReputationRep:
    Treat them like a princess at all times, except between the sheets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vampyrcorn)

don't poison her.
    That helps

Don't be a pushover, a relationship is a give and take thing

Good luck,

Wangers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sazarina88)
    Dump her. She's better off with someone that doesn't need to ask on TSR about how to be a good boyfriend.
    Granted it's not the most subtle of questions, but do you really expect that everyone, on entering a relationship, suddenly has a perfect knowledge of how to conduct themselves properly? When someone's doing something for the first time, it stands to reason that they need to learn more about it, and why should relationships be any different? At least the guy is showing some concern about how he treats his girlfriend - isn't that to be commended?

ReputationRep:
    ^^ Exactly, I think it's so sweet he's making the effort to try hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sazarina88)
    I don't get why people are so keen to list things that make a "good boyfriend". Surely it's different for everyone, maybe there are general things that the majority of girls like but still, he can't just magically be an amazing partner by doing what we suggest, it's something he needs to figure out for himself and work on gradually, whilst communicating with his partner about her needs and wants also.
    Apparently this is the only person who is making true sense here. I'm out :p:

ReputationRep:
    Introduce her to your friends, that was a mistake my ex made with me and i ended up being paranoid that he was ashamed of me or something, it was one of the first things my current boyfriend did and i now like to think of some of his friends as my friends too. Don't be too clingy, everyone needs time to be alone and time to spend with their other friends now and then. Trust, trust is very big thing, loads of my friends and his friends can't work out why i let my boyf go out on his own with the guys and the reason is i trust him. Never give her a reason not to trust you. Tell her you love her, she proabably knows, but we all like to be told once in a while.

ReputationRep:
    Dont think your a boyfriend. Be a doormat.

If she ever asks does my bum look big in this? Never reply Yes - the beating of your life will ensue. And never answer No - as she will think her bum looks big in any of her other clothes and you will never actually leave the house.

Other then that, just be nice, without being a pushover!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheekynibbler)

If she ever asks does my bum look big in this? Never reply Yes - the beating of your life will ensue.
    I hate the "does it really?" look more, its like a dieing puppy look makes you feel guilty on the inside.

ReputationRep:
    have sex with her best friend

but no seriously umm i remember something from another thread I saw, some things are pretty lame but some are alright.

Here are a few gestures that show her that you care and that you love her:

1. Learn a few love words in another language and recite it to her.
    2. Courtesy, hold open the door for her.
    3. Leave little love notes for her to find.
    4. Massage. Pay special attention to her feet and hands.
    5. Brush her hair, its soothing and sensual.
    6. Send her flowers at random. Try going beyong the cliched roses.
    7. Listen to her, I mean really listen. Ask her thoughts, dreams, goals or just about how her day was.
    9. Sing to her. It doesn't matter if you can sing or not, just do it.
    10. If you are away at work call her to say you're thinking of her.
    11. Write her a love letter and mail it to her, people never get stuff in the mail, this will make her week.
    12. Give her cute pet names. Makes her feel special and connected to you in a higher level.
    13. Make her feel like she is what you live for.
    14. Cook her a meal. Breakfast in bed is always a wonderful treat.
    15. Dedicate some time just for her to hang out do nothing and just talk.
    16. Carry her photo with you.
    17. Know what upsets her, know what makes her happy.
    18. Tell her she looks great, gorgeous, beautiful, stunning, wow, omg give me tissue.
    19. Watch 1 romantic movie at least once a month with your her. Suck it up... dooo it. You know you have a secret infatuation with Serendipity.
    20. Go dancing.
    21. More than anything....be her best friend. This is the most important. You are her best friend and she should be your best friend. Remember, she is part of you, treat her as you would treat yourself.

ReputationRep:
    thats not universal :| some of those suggestions would piss of girls I know. But on general I agree just watch out with.

12. Give her cute pet names. Makes her feel special and connected to you in a higher level.

dont be calling her booboo or googlie goo goo or some crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.narb.x)
    Treat them like a princess at all times, except between the sheets.
    That.

ReputationRep:
    What is wrong with all you people?!?! Just be who you are, even if it means disagreeing with her or sometimes not doing what she wants to do. If you give in to everything, you will wear yourself out, forget who you once were and eventually she'll take you for granted and not appreciate anything you do for her. Dont call her everyday-she might think youre clingy. Dont tell her you love her, unless you do. Dont shower her with gifts all the time- she'll only be looking for the next one.
    Just do little things that you would never do for friends, like take her for a walk at night when all the stars are out and city lights are on, take hold of her hand in front of your friends, stuff like that. You dont have to buy your way in, or change who you are to have a successful relationship

ReputationRep:
    right cos people arent being themselves if they want to be caring and compassionate? Its not bad to show someone how much you love them and value them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supernova2)
    right cos people arent being themselves if they want to be caring and compassionate? Its not bad to show someone how much you love them and value them.
    yea it just means if you disagree with what she says you wont say **** OFF, but more of a "oh i always thought it was because of this..."

pussywhipped.(will be censored soon no doubt)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thats fine if you really are caring and compassionate. All im saying is dont put on a front, because it will end in disaster. Everyones else's advice was "treat her like a princess" "give in to her every demand". Fair enough, if you are a natral pushover, then that might work, but if youre not like that, dont change

ReputationRep:
    ^^^^^^^^^^thats very true!!...wish my boyfriend would show me that he cares more....she's a very lucky girl!! x

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 11, 2010
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.