Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi I am a dental therapy student and have just come to the end of my 27 month diploma course and unfortunate failed one of my final exams. This means I have to stay on part time for a further 6 months with no guaranteed funding. Iv already had student finance for final year sept til dec and had put some money away til my car broke down. Im really worried even if I can get a part time job this wont cover my outgoings is there something student finance can do or would I be eligible for a hardship loan?
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Badges: 6
Report 4 years ago
Hi there.

Have you spoken with the institution and have they actually decided you will be treated as a part-time student? Normally students are allowed one repeat and can still apply to us for funding if they need to retake modules, etc. This is only if the uni is still considering them as a full-time student however.

We do not offer any hardship funding but it may be worthwhile to speak to the uni themselves as they may have a hardship fund of their own.


Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
new posts
to top
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.


University open days

  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (279)
No (67)
I'm not old enough (236)

Watched Threads

View All