End of the world if I quit my job? Watch

stuser
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,

I recently started a job, and it wasn't what I expected.

I have been struggling a lot, and I don't think I can take it any longer.

I know that if I do quit, I would have let my parents down and people I know down.

Life doesn't always go to plan, and I will take it as a loss, but I am not sure if I should quit.
Simes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Tell your employer it is not what you were led to believe / expected and tell them what you would rather be doing. They may change your responsibilities and make the job tolerable. Don't ask, don't get.

Start looking for a new job anyway. It'll give you something else to think about while sticking this one out. If you can have another one to go to, it will be so much easier all round. There is nothing wrong in saying "Sorry, I got a better offer, bye!"

Try and hang on until you have something to do to. Remember: work is crap, that's why they have to pay you to do it.
i.am.lost
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Simes gave very sound advice. And before that, I'd suggest you think factually about what it is you're struggling with exactly, why specifically it is not matching your expectations, etc.

If you can do that and elucidate these clearly and rationally to your employer, it will be a much more productive conversation.
Stefano93
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Find a motivation to stay in that job, adapt some changes in the way you go about your work. You could be looking at it from a different perspective then.
Cremated_Spatula
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes, the Earth will implode if you stop working.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
to be honest in my opinion you should keep your job until you find another one
Emma:-)
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by stuser)
Hi,

I recently started a job, and it wasn't what I expected.

I have been struggling a lot, and I don't think I can take it any longer.

I know that if I do quit, I would have let my parents down and people I know down.

Life doesn't always go to plan, and I will take it as a loss, but I am not sure if I should quit.
Look for something else
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.87%
No (515)
72.13%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise