how am i suppose to keep my teeth clean Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
my dentist told me that i need to get one tooth extracted which my wisdom tooth will replace. then a root canal and a crown and finally treatment for another tooth. how? I'm 16 and i brush my teeth twice a day so how are my teeth so bad? like what should i do to keep them clean? a lot of the reasons i need the treatment is because of tooth decay... i think.
kayleighisonfire
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Floss and mouthwash
beckaroo7
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ask your dentist? Might just be your genetics though
Bedo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you brush and keep them clean then try looking at what you drink/eat.

My dentist told me that fruit juice does 7x the damage coke does. Also the way you brush could be the problem, it's not about how hard you press!

Just ask your dentist and explain what you told us

Posted from TSR Mobile
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I can imagine Michael Bolton singing the thread title
Ki Yung Na
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why is this in the relationships section?

Ask the dentist. You probably don't brush well enough.
Anonymous #1
i guess so, i didn't even think my teeth were bad
Anonymous #2
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ki Yung Na)
Why is this in the relationships section?

Ask the dentist. You probably don't brush well enough.
Bad teeth could be putting strain on his relationship with his dentist?

But in seriousness, ask your dentist. Do your parents have problems with their teeth too? It runs through my mothers side and using mouthwash (on top of brushing twice a day) makes a considerable difference as apose to just brushing twice a day
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)

But in seriousness, ask your dentist. Do your parents have problems with their teeth too? It runs through my mothers side and using mouthwash (on top of brushing twice a day) makes a considerable difference as apose to just brushing twice a day
ik my mum does, i think i'm gonna start using mouthwash tbh
Ki Yung Na
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Health section still seems more appropriate.
tinkerbell_xxx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Use an electric toothbrush my teeth feels a lot cleaner when I use mine instead of a normal toothbrush.
Also watch how much sugar you eat as that can be bad for teeth
fudgecake22
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Get it whitened at least

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #3
Report 4 years ago
I had a similar problem when I was 16. It was quite embarrassing I had decay and I didn't know why when I was obsessive with brushing-

I assumed I was more prone to it as my parents had teeth problems
What I did to combat was floss all the time (dont make your gums bleed) and brush 2x a day and also cut down on chocolate and fizzy drinks- perhaps treat yourself once in a while but that stuff really damages your teeth- so try it, if it doesn't work then go back to your dentist they might be able to coat your teeth with something
Anonymous #1
I had a similar problem when I was 16. It was quite embarrassing I had decay and I didn't know why when I was obsessive with brushing-

I assumed I was more prone to it as my parents had teeth problems
What I did to combat was floss all the time (dont make your gums bleed) and brush 2x a day and also cut down on chocolate and fizzy drinks- perhaps treat yourself once in a while but that stuff really damages your teeth- so try it, if it doesn't work then go back to your dentist they might be able to coat your teeth with something
yeah im definitely going to cut down on tea and fizzy drinks etc. I'm going to get my teeth fixed and then cbe more careful in future
Olympiad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
OP, it may not be because your teeth are bad:

• I have had 5 teeth extractions because mine were all over the place, and I needed them removed for braces
• I've had a filling (because my teeth were all over the place, it caused a few problems)
• That filling leaked because the dentist didn't do it properly, causing me to require a root canal.

However, the dentist said that this is all mostly due to the way I was born since my brushing etc is fine.

I would speak to your dentist and see what they say.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Olympiad)
OP, it may not be because your teeth are bad:

• I have had 5 teeth extractions because mine were all over the place, and I needed them removed for braces
• I've had a filling (because my teeth were all over the place, it caused a few problems)
• That filling leaked because the dentist didn't do it properly, causing me to require a root canal.

However, the dentist said that this is all mostly due to the way I was born since my brushing etc is fine.

I would speak to your dentist and see what they say.
last time i went she said something about having too much sugar so that's probably it. I don't see how though because i generally don't eat that much as it is
Olympiad
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
last time i went she said something about having too much sugar so that's probably it. I don't see how though because i generally don't eat that much as it is
Did you tell her that?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Olympiad)
Did you tell her that?
na she was a bit of a ***** about it all. She said she could treat 4 of my teeth and one had to come out but she didn't tell what i should do to stop that happening in future
Swanbow
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Use mouthwash, get an electric toothbrush, and floss you teeth. Also chew dental gum throughout the day.

Also stop drinking pop and try limit the amount of fruit and sweets that you eat.
Olympiad
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Swanbow)
Use mouthwash, get an electric toothbrush, and floss you teeth. Also chew dental gum throughout the day.

Also stop drinking pop and try limit the amount of fruit and sweets that you eat.
I feel so guilty reading this whilst eating fizzy haribo.

na she was a bit of a ***** about it all. She said she could treat 4 of my teeth and one had to come out but she didn't tell what i should do to stop that happening in future
Some dentists are like that tbh. Maybe look into a different dentist? Do your parents have any problems? It may be genetic.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (586)
80.27%
Leave (144)
19.73%

Watched Threads